Latest interior door with double sided carving pics

Garry Smith

Thisis another door for our house that I just completed that is for the washroom that is entered through our sunroom.
The carved scene that faces the sunroom is the one with the birdhouse and flowers.
The carving with the outhouse scene faces inside the washroom.

The door frame is made with ash and the carving blank is basswood.

If interested, there are many more photos from raw basswood blank to completed door on this link which is on my website.
Thanks for taking the time to look,
Garry

DoorCarvingAngle01.jpg

bathroom side of door
DoorPanelCarvingBack10.jpg

CompletedDoor02.jpg

I knew when I saw who'd posted this that it would be nice work, but I wasn't expecting it to blow my socks off. :clap: Absolutely beautiful work. :thumb:

'Scuse me, I have to go find my socks now. :D

Being an amateur carver myself I can't do anything but admire your work. Those flowers are great! Gary:thumb::thumb:. Thanks for posting it and the link to the process, I've spent about half an hour looking at the pics..:thumb::)

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the birdhouse perspective, problably it is the picture but it looks a bit odd to me, and I know in my own flesh that getting that right is the most difficult part on a carving.:(

:eek::eek::eek:Geeeee wiiiiiiilllllikers!!!!!! That is awesome!:thumb::thumb: Pure unadulterated art!! Me, being around sharp knives for that much carving, there would be blood stains all over that door! Guess that would be okay if you were carving red roses!:rofl::huh::rofl:
Vaughn, sock #2 over here in Indiana, didn't realize what it was in time, would mail it back to you, but the dog already buried it!!!:doh::dunno::huh::rofl::rofl::rofl: