Thread: I realy love my accountant..

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Thumbs up I realy love my accountant..

Well got my tax paper work back from the accountant, I was a little scared but got some good news. I over paid the fed by $3700.00 and only owe the Atate $27.00...
    Last edited by Don Baer; 02-07-2010 at 12:08 AM.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I hope I will be this lucky too. Last year we got a about 14K back. I guess we really overpaid. I don't love my accountant for that though. He is a nice guy and works at the same company I work at.

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines
    I love my accountant and she works cheap. I put her through college. My daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Well got my tax paper work back from the accountant, I was a little scared but got some good news. I over paid the fed by $3700.00 and only owe the Atate $27.00...
    So, you're happy with the fact that you gave your government a $3,700.00 interest-free loan? You're more patriotic than I am, Don!

If those tax 'contributions' were made at the accounant's advice, then I'd fire him and go looking for a new, more realistic one.

I know you're happy about getting the refund, but wouldn't you have been happier with an extra $300.00 per month in your pocket every month during the year?
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    I know you're happy about getting the refund, but wouldn't you have been happier with an extra $300.00 per month in your pocket every month during the year?
    Jim has a good point. Do you file quarterly? If not, it might be beneficial to either look at doing so or at least meeting with your accountant to do some re-adjustments throughout the year. I suspect with your business that it's mostly irregular income and making more frequent adjustments would keep you in the clear, but not over-paying.

Anyway, Are we going to see some tool gloats pretty soon?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Jim, Darren,
    Since this was the first year for the business I was shooting blind and had no idea what to do when fileing my quarterly taxes, I was afraid I had underpaid groasly. I was delighted that I hadn't. Believe me I intend to make adjustments. previously I tried to be in a situation where I wwould be writing the gav a check for a few $$. The reason for the gloat is that I didn't owe them a whole lot of $$$$.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Jim, Darren,
    Since this was the first year for the business I was shooting blind and had no idea what to do when fileing my quarterly taxes, I was afraid I had underpaid groasly. I was delighted that I hadn't. Believe me I intend to make adjustments. previously I tried to be in a situation where I wwould be writing the gav a check for a few $$. The reason for the gloat is that I didn't owe them a whole lot of $$$$.
    I understand...and congrats (sorry, left that out before). Trust me, I'll be gloating too if I don't owe them, it's been a weird year for me as well. Sadly, this one is starting out just as, if not weirder for me.

I was just offering advise, not just to you, but others that might be in the same boat.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Guess that means I hate mine almost as much as you love yours -- but don't get me started!
    Tony

PS - it really ain't my accountants fault!!
    Last edited by Tony Falotico; 02-07-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Tony, BCE '75

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Bloem View Post
    I love my accountant and she works cheap. I put her through college. My daughter.
    works cheap? college costs big time today, I think she owes her daddy 20 years worth of free accounting.(shed probably do it for free anyway, all little girls love their daddys)

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines
    Allen, yep she loves her daddy. When she has trouble the phone rings and I hear Daaaddy. I know she needs something. She still has me changing the oil in her car. She does know how because she did it once.