I realy love my accountant..

I hope I will be this lucky too. Last year we got a about 14K back. I guess we really overpaid. I don't love my accountant for that though. He is a nice guy and works at the same company I work at.

Well got my tax paper work back from the accountant, I was a little scared but got some good news. I over paid the fed by $3700.00 and only owe the Atate $27.00...:D:thumb:

So, you're happy with the fact that you gave your government a $3,700.00 interest-free loan? You're more patriotic than I am, Don! :D

If those tax 'contributions' were made at the accounant's advice, then I'd fire him and go looking for a new, more realistic one.

I know you're happy about getting the refund, but wouldn't you have been happier with an extra $300.00 per month in your pocket every month during the year?

I know you're happy about getting the refund, but wouldn't you have been happier with an extra $300.00 per month in your pocket every month during the year?

Jim has a good point. Do you file quarterly? If not, it might be beneficial to either look at doing so or at least meeting with your accountant to do some re-adjustments throughout the year. I suspect with your business that it's mostly irregular income and making more frequent adjustments would keep you in the clear, but not over-paying.

Anyway, Are we going to see some tool gloats pretty soon? :)

Jim, Darren,
Since this was the first year for the business I was shooting blind and had no idea what to do when fileing my quarterly taxes, I was afraid I had underpaid groasly. I was delighted that I hadn't. Believe me I intend to make adjustments. previously I tried to be in a situation where I wwould be writing the gav a check for a few $$. The reason for the gloat is that I didn't owe them a whole lot of $$$$.

Jim, Darren,
Since this was the first year for the business I was shooting blind and had no idea what to do when fileing my quarterly taxes, I was afraid I had underpaid groasly. I was delighted that I hadn't. Believe me I intend to make adjustments. previously I tried to be in a situation where I wwould be writing the gav a check for a few $$. The reason for the gloat is that I didn't owe them a whole lot of $$$$.

I understand...and congrats (sorry, left that out before). Trust me, I'll be gloating too if I don't owe them, it's been a weird year for me as well. Sadly, this one is starting out just as, if not weirder for me. :)

I was just offering advise, not just to you, but others that might be in the same boat. :wave: