Thread: Finishing Turn Table

Finishing Turn Table

I bought a small lazy susan hardware bracket today at Lowes for $4 something and cut a couple scrap pc's of plywood to make a small finishing table.
    Total Cost - less than $12.00 im guessing
    Total Time - less than 15min

Im thinking ill put a hole in the middle with fat dowel sticking up so when i turn vessels i can finish the entire thing or if its a bowel the entire outside at once. Once dry the inside can just sit on the ply and inside sprayed for wiped easily..............thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails finish table-1.jpg   finish table-2.jpg  
    First you have to learn the rules - Beginner
    Then you have to learn advanced rules - Professional
    Then you disregard the rules - This takes you to the master level................

I like it Dan, I have the lazy susan somewhere in the garage and have the same thoughts of how to use it.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    I agree good idea been thinking about the same thing.

Looks real handy, Dan. I use something similar with rounded-off nail tips sticking out of it. I can finish both sides of a piece and set it on the nails to dry. I can also put a round piece of melamine-covered particle board on top of the nails when I need a flat surface. I've also got a dowel stuck vertically into a piece of scrap wood that I can use to suspend hollow forms and narrow vessels upside down. One of these days I intend to make a modular turntable system that can accept various "holders" to the turntable base.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Thanks.....thinking a couple of holes in the middle for a couple different size dowels....with the large dowel i can put a small flat round pc of ply on it when i need to for bowls or leave it off for vessels.....and a smaller dowel hole for other small vessels....the dowels would be long so the projects sits up for easier spraying..........
    First you have to learn the rules - Beginner
    Then you have to learn advanced rules - Professional
    Then you disregard the rules - This takes you to the master level................

If you put a piece of peg board on the top you can use sharpened dowels in the holes to support the work piece. gives you more places to hold up the work piece.
    Jesus was a Woodworker

I made one a while back, and yeah, it is really handy for spraying that rattle can finish. I too use the rounded off nails for holding bowls etc, works great!

One day I'm going to make one with a very slow speed motor attached
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I made 2 of them a couple of years ago. A smaller and larger one. Both are really handy especially spraying rattle can lacquer or poly.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.