Finishing Turn Table

Dan Mosley

I bought a small lazy susan hardware bracket today at Lowes for $4 something and cut a couple scrap pc's of plywood to make a small finishing table.
Total Cost - less than $12.00 im guessing
Total Time - less than 15min

Im thinking ill put a hole in the middle with fat dowel sticking up so when i turn vessels i can finish the entire thing or if its a bowel the entire outside at once. Once dry the inside can just sit on the ply and inside sprayed for wiped easily..............thoughts?

Attachments

• finish table-1.jpg
    finish table-1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 51
  • finish table-2.jpg
    finish table-2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 54
Looks real handy, Dan. :thumb: I use something similar with rounded-off nail tips sticking out of it. I can finish both sides of a piece and set it on the nails to dry. I can also put a round piece of melamine-covered particle board on top of the nails when I need a flat surface. I've also got a dowel stuck vertically into a piece of scrap wood that I can use to suspend hollow forms and narrow vessels upside down. One of these days I intend to make a modular turntable system that can accept various "holders" to the turntable base.

Thanks.....thinking a couple of holes in the middle for a couple different size dowels....with the large dowel i can put a small flat round pc of ply on it when i need to for bowls or leave it off for vessels.....and a smaller dowel hole for other small vessels....the dowels would be long so the projects sits up for easier spraying..........

If you put a piece of ¼ peg board on the top you can use sharpened ¼ dowels in the holes to support the work piece. gives you more places to hold up the work piece. :thumb:

I made one a while back, and yeah, it is really handy for spraying that rattle can finish. I too use the rounded off nails for holding bowls etc, works great!

One day I'm going to make one with a very slow speed motor attached :D