1st practice plater

Well this is the practice natural edge plater. just a chunk of cherry i cut off of a chunk i had sitting in the shop. It might warp as it's only been sitting there about 8 months. I did ruff turn it then take off and nuke a couple times.
thanks for looking and all comments and critiques more than welcome.
Steve

Attachments

• 005 [800x600].JPG
    005 [800x600].JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 68
Great job with a challenging piece of wood, Steve. :thumb:
Thanks. now to find a bigger challeng.:rofl: Wife informed me that a 11" plater wasn't big enough for the lady at her work.I told her i needed a bigger lathe if she wanted me to turn a big out of round piece.

Good looking platter. That wood would be a challenge.
Thanks it was a fun challenge.

Hope it doesn't warp. Great lookin' Platter.

Bruce
thanks hope it don't ether, but if it does it does.:D was just done as a test to see if i could make a natural edge plater.

so now that you get this one down pat and your wife says its to small,, have you picked out the bigger lathe yet:) or did she decide the size you made wil work now??? nice platter steve:D:thumb::thumb:

If you go Grizzly, make sure you get one of the models that go down to at least 200 rpm's. Any faster and you'll have all kinds of issues that you won't be able to work with.

Nice platter. I might have to try one of those too.
Thanks Wayne. it was different.

If you go Grizzly, make sure you get one of the models that go down to at least 200 rpm's. Any faster and you'll have all kinds of issues that you won't be able to work with.
Doug i already have the grizzly go462, am wanting the new 18" go698. I no that the 462 don't go slow but i have gotten used to turning faster than is what most people feel is safe.;) havn't had any problems yet that i couldn't over come. ofcorse that don't count my in experance.:rofl: