Some of my projects

Mike Mathieu

I know that everyone likes to see project pics so here are a few of the ones that I have done.All of my Intarsia pieces are done using only the natural colors of different woods. No stains,paints or dyes are used.

This is my rendition of Thomas Jeffersons Monticello as it may have looked in 1800. 20"x 30" cherry frame with over 800 pieces from 17 different woods. It won the first place and best of show ribbons at the 2009 Shenandoah scroll saw picnic
monticellowribbons004.jpg

This is a custom keepsake box that I did for a client in NC. It is a 6"x8" walnut box and has 75 pieces from 13 different woods.
BuffaloBox.jpg

This is a custom Pet urn that I did for a client here in Richmond. It is a 6"x 7" mahogany box and the intarsia has 20 pieces from 7 different woods.The back panel is removable.
RustysUrn007.jpg

This is a custom keepsake box that I did for a client who presents them to new Eagle Scouts. It is 6"x7" zebrawood box and has 18 pieces from 7 different woods.
eaglebox003.jpg

Beautiful work, Mike.

( I wonder if anybody else paid any mind to the fact that old Tom musta got drunk again and left the horse & buggy out all last night) :rofl:

Used to live in West side Henrico county (Staple's mill area) back in the 60's. :thumb: You guys got a little snow, huh?

Welcome to the family. Great bunch a people here.

Aloha, Tony

Great-looking work, Mike. :thumb: I also liked the other pieces I saw on your website. Welcome aboard...nice to have you here. :wave:

Thanks all for the comments.
I retired from electrical work several years ago and am enjoying the whole woodworking thing more now that I'm full time. Lots of talented folks here on this site and I'm honored to be a part of it.