Happy times for my son Jim

Tom Niemi

Staff member
In these crazy times, as we know here all to well, jobs are tough to keep, my sons job included. He is in the woodworking trade working 8 years as a molding operator turning out thousands and thousands of feet of molding. A month or so ago, his boss held a meeting with all the employees and informed them that they all had a 25% decrease in pay:( no layoff just much less pay. Well any way that was unacceptable to him as a newly wed. He put his resume out on the web and a wood working company found it and called him:thumb: Had him in yesterday for an interview, an hour and one half later he left feeling pretty good about it. They told him they would let him know an answer on Friday. Well they called him and offered him the job today:) (yes he accepted:thumb:) They met his requested wage and matched his existing vacation to boot:eek:. Its just nice to hear there are still some good jobs in the trade out there and they that they wanted my son:D. He is a member here but not on often, I hope he logs in cause I just want to CONGRATULATE him here and let him know how PROUD I am of him:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Congratulations to your son.

Those across the board pay cuts never work. They're just a way for the management to avoid making painful cuts. But what happens is that the best people bail out and all that's left is the people who can't get another job.

So the company gets the worst of both worlds.

If they would face the problem and lay off the least productive workers, they might keep the best people.

Mike

Im thrilled to hear some good news for your son Tom.
Good things happen for good people and I hope this starts a new trend here for alot of guys.
Good thread, positive news.
Congrats Jim, did you finish the bed yet?

Congratulations Jim!!!!!! He is a nice guy, I have met him in person haven't we Rob and Rennie??!!!!! Way to go, be proactive and hope the new job is all you want. Tom and Mrs. Tom, good job mom and dad, ya done good!!!:thumb:

Finally a feel good story out there. Congratulations Jim!:thumb:

P.S. Who's idea was it to send some sleet down here to Texas?

Last edited:
Well Guys thank you for all the good thoughts. I am so happy to have this opportunity at this new job. I am not mad at what my current boss did but respect him... he could have just as well told all of us to go home and he did not, he kept us all on the pay roll (25% less) but he did what he could and what was best for the company. I have had a great 8 years 153 days of Employment there and I did thank him, with a proper notice of course. but time for the new and bigger and badder molders and grinders. Weinig P 1000 sounds fun. thanks Dad for letting the family know Due to my limited internet access at this point.