Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Wayne Bower

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Hey Wayne Bower

Whats this I hear about you and a table saw. A little bird told us to ask you..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Don, this was one of the stupid moments in my life. 2 weeks ago, late Sunday afternoon, I thought I would finish up some small pieces for a new grinding jig that I was making. Broke my own rules for the shop , never be in a hurry, and don't try to work when you are tired. Anyway, while trying to cut a small piece I got a little to close with my finger. Since we had just moved to Des Moines in July we weren't sure where the emergeny room was. Call to daughter and away we went. No stiches but I think I lost part of the nail and some flesh. Healing well as I can type now and I have finished up the jig I was making and it works very well.
    I guess, thanks for asking. I will talk to the little bird.

As bad as it sounds, I am glad it was a minor injury. Hope you heal fast.

well wayne it was in the air and it was about the same time so dont feel left out.. i too had a close one, and i too was making jig when i did it.. a 4"x4"x1/4" ply can dig in deep quick.. laid it open good and about a 3/8" deep flap.. put it back in place and taped it up and then got bandaged..its all better now.. and the new meat spot is tender.. i think it needs another 50 yrs of abuse to get caught up on the calusing.. so even younger ones can do dumb stuff too wayne
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Glad everything is OK I have been wondering ever since the little bird mentioned it.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

It really must be in the air. I also had a close one, but I knew it was probably coming as my blade had started to burn a little in the kerf marks (guess that is what I get for cutting aluminum with it). No blood, just a close call with a small kick. I did get a new blade after that, but need to look at putting a splitter on too. Glad to hear yours wasn't more serious.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Glad it wasn't like mine. They really don't hurt that much when you do it. It's the day after, and for the next year or so.
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 003 [800x600].JPG  
    Last edited by Stephen Bellinger; 02-13-2010 at 06:57 PM.

shoulda saved it and had them sew back on steve
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    shoulda saved it and had them sew back on steve
    Never could find it in all the sawdust. corse never really took the time to look.

Tweet, Tweet.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website