Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what am i doing WROUNG????

what am i doing WROUNG????

i just got done sprayun some sealer two coats allwas good switched to the top coat of lacquer, the darn stuff wont spray.... and this is being nice... i have thinnned it to 20% taken and dumped it out and sprayed straight thinner 3 times.. tried again and it wont spray the stuff.. got max air on played witht he fan control and if i go max open i can get ti to spray there for a bit thaen that quits,, tried the flid control form one extreme to the other.. i have had it for tonight,, so if some fairy or angle out there can figure out what the i am doing wrong speak up and i will chk on it in the am..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

How did you clean the gun? Did you take it apart to clean it or just spray thinner through it?
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

Is it a siphon gun. If so the hole in the top might be plugged.

ok chuck was first,, i used thinner and sprayed it threw it a cup full..and this was delema happened right after the sealer was sprayed from the same gun chuck.. and alan the gun is gravitry feed.. i can spray thinner threw it all day long???

Got to be a blockage small enough to allow the thinner but big enough to restrict the flow of lacquer. Maybe a dried piece came loose and is blocking the opening to the needle?

well what efver it was its fixed now between chucks info on the phone and the info here i am back to a level headed smiley face again just couldnt wrap my head around the fact that it worked 30 mins ago just fine and now it wont.. that was last night after a long day at the day job with many unfriendly happenings.. today is brighter now and i can go on with my slef again thanks again for the support and chuck the shoulder to complain to

Did you spray acrylic sealer 1st then run lacquer thinner through the gun.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

yup i did dave..

Glad you fixed it. Another possibility could have been that the reservoir lid or the air intake hole if a bottom reservoir is used could be almost or completely blocked, allowing only a tiny air quantity to get in enough to spray thinner but not lacker du to its density. To let paint out, air must go in.

A workmate gave me a chain saw out of desperation because he could not start it. I took it home, when I checked the tank for fuel the cap made a tipycal suction noise, left the cap loose, pulled the rope and I got a perfect functioning chainsaw
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Larry I bet you wounder how I know what you did LOL MY son just cleaned a gun that was used for acrylic lacquer in a kitchen and then ran it through the lacquer thinner. He said Dad the gun will not spray. Told him to take it apart and clean all the acrylic out of the gun all the parts need cleaning.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com