Friday's here and another weekend is upon us

Don Baer

Staff member
So, Wacha got planed. It's valentines day sunday so remember to take care of SWMBO. I got some more shop time, (hmmm seems like that all I do anymore :eek::D:rofl:). Both Sat and Sunday, church sunday morning and I'll have the race on Sunday while in the shop. It's the DATONA 500.

I'm still trying to recover from a nasty cold, so haven't had any shop time lately. It's raining now (Friday) with a chance of snow -- good evening for a fire.

Saturday will be a little time planting some bulbs and maybe starting some seeds for an herb garden.

Sunday will be the usual routine of morning coffee and tea with the newspaper. Then, I'll prepare brunch and afterward prepare for the Daytona 500.

I got some time to mix colors and have settled on the one for the umbrella stand style recycle bins I started a while back. I'm gonna go visit mom and dad. LOML and I are doing a wandering feast for Valentine's Day; brunch, window shopping, maybe hit a museum or gallery then find somewhere for dinner. We're both off Monday so some serious sleeping in may be in order. Then a finishing session in the shop.

With the snow storm that just left us, I've got downed tree limbs to clean up. May move what's left of the firewood into the shed so it gets, then stays dry(er) for future use. It will at least need to be restacked if we don't put it in the shed.
Temp forcast has been revamped, now will be too cold to paint the Hammerite paint. I'm going to paint the well for the saw to sit in with some black latex...the rest of the base can just get painted green come Spring.;) It's not how I want to do it, but it's the only way it seems it's going to get done. So that will be my only shop time I'm afraid. Jim.

Out with LOML tonight sans daughter for a few cocktails and dinner! Tomorrow some shop time and then a family gathering at my sister's...sunday, not sure but maybe some more shop time. After I shovel MORE snow. :(

With the snow storm that just left us, I've got downed tree limbs to clean up. May move what's left of the firewood into the shed so it gets, then stays dry(er) for future use. It will at least need to be restacked if we don't put it in the shed.
Temp forcast has been revamped, now will be too cold to paint the Hammerite paint. I'm going to paint the well for the saw to sit in with some black latex...the rest of the base can just get painted green come Spring.;) It's not how I want to do it, but it's the only way it seems it's going to get done. So that will be my only shop time I'm afraid. Jim.

Now Jim you know that once you do that and get it set up the forecast will change and call for temps in the mid 70's.

Had a resume class today, looks like I'm redoing the resume. Took my wife out tonight for V-day, kids are coming over Sunday for dinner. Looks like I'm going to try and fit in the Daytona 500.

Shop time tomorrow (Saturday) - build a small picture frame for a piece of art (repousse) that I recently acquired and make a circle cutting jig for my router.

On Sunday I'll probably work a little bit in the shop and I need to go to the local mall to buy new work dress shoes. :(

Now Jim you know that once you do that and get it set up the forecast will change and call for temps in the mid 70's.
Fine by me. I'm all for jinxing a situation so it's better for me! :rofl:
Just looked, forecast for today's high has dropped to 45 for the high. Too cold to even paint the black latex.:dunno:
New revision...I'll have the saw up and finished to be able to use by the middle of summer. There! How's that for jinxing things the right way?!! :thumb: Jim.

Fine by me. I'm all for jinxing a situation so it's better for me! :rofl:
Just looked, forecast for today's high has dropped to 45 for the high. Too cold to even paint the black latex.:dunno:
New revision...I'll have the saw up and finished to be able to use by the middle of summer. There! How's that for jinxing things the right way?!! :thumb: Jim.

My wife just read your post and said she would have taken it in the house by now and painted the well for the saw black. Shouldn't be a problem since it's latex.:thumb: