go698 update pic

Bernie mentioned that the Grizzly tech told the poster on the AAW forum they printed the wrong specs. I call shenanigans on Griz. :rolleyes: And despite the revised specs calling for a low-end speed of 100 rpm, the guy on the AAW forum says he's still getting the pulsing at 100 rpm. He's calling it a minor annoyance, and something he's willing to work around. I would not be so willing.

If the spindle turns, it should do it smoothly. I don't care what the specs say or what the digital readout says, at no point in the power band should the lathe pulse. Saying "we got the wrong specs" to cover for the fact that the VFD isn't working right is a pure load of non-CoC compliant horsepuckey IMHO. Grizzly has a chance to make some major inroads into the lathe market with this new lathe, but if they deliver a compromised product, I think they'll be shooting themselves in the foot.

Well i hope it ain't a problem as i just got off the phone with grizzly and they told me my order will ship in 24 hrs. Not sure if i belive them yet but i'll see.:rolleyes: Wanted them to send the rest of my order even if they couldn't send the lathe. He looked my order up and said they have processed it and they were getting it ready to send out.:thumb:
Steve

Cool, I hope they found one for you. Despite the various hand-wringing exercises that have happened over the pulsing issues, I think that's a heck of a lathe, especially for the price. :thumb:

Stephen it looks like the gentleman now says it is a minor issue. He said he has did some turning on the lathe and he says it is awesome with plenty of power. So I say when it comes enjoy it.

just a quick up date it arrived today .:D:thumb: Didn't even no it had shipped. Wife called me at work this am, and said the trucking co called right after i left and wanted to no when i would like them to deliver. well as the co is out of Jackson and that's were i work, i just called them and said i'd just pick it up at lunch. i did and here's the proof.:wave:
Got to go un crate it so i'll get more pics later to night.
Steve

Attachments

• 002 [800x600].JPG
    002 [800x600].JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 003 [800x600].JPG
    003 [800x600].JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 32
Well got it put together.:D now i'll have to what till saturday to get the 220 run. Should of ran it this past weekend, o well. well here's some more pics.
Steve

Attachments

• 004 [800x600].JPG
    004 [800x600].JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 005 [800x600].JPG
    005 [800x600].JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 006 [800x600] [640x480].JPG
    006 [800x600] [640x480].JPG
    110 KB · Views: 25
  • 007 [800x600] [640x480].JPG
    007 [800x600] [640x480].JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 008 [800x600].JPG
    008 [800x600].JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 009 [800x600].JPG
    009 [800x600].JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 27
:doh::doh::doh::dunno::dunno::dunno::eek::eek::eek::eek::huh::huh::huh::wave::wave::wave::(:eek: You say you didn't already run the 220 for shame shame shame.:rofl::rofl::rofl: well the lathe looks good but its the quietest lathe I've ever seen.

Well instead of a hand wheel on the outboard side install a pulley & a treadle system wood-turning & exercise & 2 finished products a bowl & fit body all at the same time.

Or a treadmill generator system run for exercise & generate power to run the lathe same results.

Last edited:
Let the dogs have it there be a lathe that needs wire.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Probably should have, but those pork chops sure tasted good.:rofl::rofl:BTW did ya ever get your sticks?

:doh::doh::doh::dunno::dunno::dunno::eek::eek::eek::eek::huh::huh::huh::wave::wave::wave::(:eek: You say you didn't already run the 220 for shame shame shame.:rofl::rofl::rofl: well the lathe looks good but its the quietest lathe I've ever seen.
Bart i'll just turn the other lathe on and pretent it's the new one.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congrats Stephen! :thumb:

No desert tonight...right back out to the shop! :p
Been a long day at work, so i think i'll just say to heck with it.:) besides 3:30 comes mighty early.

Last edited: