Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so what are you doing for your sweeties on Valentines day?

so what are you doing for your sweeties on Valentines day?

for 25 years I bought my wife roses. Then around 10 years ago, I got cheap, and decided 50 bucks for flowers, or 15 bucks for chocolate, or teddy bears is such a waste of money.

We decided to go away to Atlantic City for a couple of days as a present to ourselves.

I told her tonight I didnt feel right about not getting her anything on a more personal level. She told me the trip is enough.
    I decided when I run over to Harbor Freight on Monday, Im going to get her a rolling toolbox.
    She wasnt too thrilled about it. Maybe I shouldnt have ruined the suprise.

Working in the shop on her cabinets.

A valentine and breakfast in bed...I'll cook and do the dishes. I'm lucky....she's an easy keeper.
    Ken
    ------

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Grape Nuts Flakes..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

This is a family site..... so I can not (will not) not share with you.

errrrrrr --- maybe that is just a wish on my part!
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

so what are you doing for your sweeties on Valentines day?

Breakfast for her.

Later we go to do the final inspection on a townhouse we are looking at buying.

Aloha, Tony
    "You got to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself". (Author unknown)

"Time flies like..... an arrow,,,Fruit flies like..... a banana." Groucho Marx

Ah,,,to live in Paradise!

Registered voting member

Fighting for all I am worth, and praying every day.

My wife has been complaining that for the past few weeks it has been taking forever for her bathroom sink to drain properly -- so her request for Valentines Day is that I fix it. Taking the "P" trap off and cleaning it out properly will take 5 minutes tops. However, moving all the sundries that she has stored under there will take 20!

Being the romantic fool that I am, I may just go ahead and install a new toilet kit (flapper, siphon valve, etc.) in her bathroom as well. In order to receive the proper amount of "credit" for my hard labor , is simply leaving empty parts box in the bathroom garbage can to subtle or do I need to tell her what I did?
    Last edited by Peter Lyon; 02-14-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    A valentine and breakfast in bed...I'll cook and do the dishes. I'm lucky....she's an easy keeper.
    We must have been shopping at the same wife store... LOML made breakfast and I washed the dishes... she's happy and I'm happy..
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

LOML found a computer desk on CL for her studio anex (remember the Pink Room redo?) We'll go look at it, bring it home unless it's junk. Photo looks good.
    Were going to go out to Weatherford to eat lunch, but desk is in opposite direction, so will go to Olive Garden instead. Then, I get to take out the table she's been using, and put the desk in and wire the computer back up. At least I have a TV in there and can watch the Olympics while I'm at it. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gallian View Post
    This is a family site..... so I can not (will not) not share with you.

errrrrrr --- maybe that is just a wish on my part!

eh,I stopped wishing. I get promised every birthday, new years eve, valentines day, and a few other days a year.

I did get a hersheys chocolate bar waiting for me on my desk just now. Im not complaining.