Thread: Jelly Beans

Jelly Beans

Somebody at work keeps a big ol' bowl of gourmet jelly beans on her desk. I've never been much for jelly beans but these are good. So today I spent some time in the candy aisle at the gorcery... . Goodness! Starburst jelly beans... Hawaiian Punch jelly beans... Skittles jelly beans. A smorgasboard of jelly beans! The Starburst and Hawaiian Punch are pretty good, and considerably cheaper than the gourmet mix. And as a bonus, there's no popcorn flavored ones to pick out. Blecch!

I think I'll be skipping my 'dinner' tonight.

Sounding somewhat like Ronald Regan -- lover of the jelly bean.

""You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why he liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings"
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

Puyallup, WA
    My personal favorite brand is "Jelly Belly" -- and I like the popcorn.

A few years back one of my daughters brought home some Bernie Bott brand jellybeans. These were candies favored by the characters in the Harry Potter books. As I recall, they came in some really distinctive flavors (e.g. ear wax, grass, pepper, vomit, booger, sardine, etc.). Of course it was up to dad to taste test the more unusual flavors.

Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!