Jelly Beans

Somebody at work keeps a big ol' bowl of gourmet jelly beans on her desk. I've never been much for jelly beans but these are good. So today I spent some time in the candy aisle at the gorcery... :eek:. Goodness! Starburst jelly beans... Hawaiian Punch jelly beans... Skittles jelly beans. A smorgasboard of jelly beans! :thumb: The Starburst and Hawaiian Punch are pretty good, and considerably cheaper than the gourmet mix. And as a bonus, there's no popcorn flavored ones to pick out. Blecch!

I think I'll be skipping my 'dinner' tonight. :eek:

Sounding somewhat like Ronald Regan -- lover of the jelly bean.

""You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why he liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings"

My personal favorite brand is "Jelly Belly" -- and I like the popcorn. :p

A few years back one of my daughters brought home some Bernie Bott brand jellybeans. These were candies favored by the characters in the Harry Potter books. As I recall, they came in some really distinctive flavors (e.g. ear wax, grass, pepper, vomit, booger, sardine, etc.). Of course it was up to dad to taste test the more unusual flavors. :eek: