Started off today with a large blank in the lathe but due to bad spots etc- I end up having to make it shorter than i originally wanted. Ended up with a long tennon area due to the punky and bad areas.
During the hollowing i heard a strange sound and shut down the lathe quickly. I noticed that in on are near the widest part I had almost cut thru the side. Almost,...meaning that all that was showing was a small crack about 1/3 the way around it. I figured i would try to save it for the heck of it and see what happens.
Decided to apply some CA glue on it and let it dry. Then applied some more and sanded it in quickly. I got lucky as you can see the crack was filled in and does not show. At that point I applied two coats of CA over the whole vessel - sanding with 400 between them (thinking I have nothing to lose at this point).
After drying i sanded down with 400 again until very smooth. Then applied 50/50 laquer and laquer sealer x 2 coats...........
Hopefully it will come out ok .............a design opportunity