Iowa State

Looks like Jacob likes the idea about Iowa. He filled out his application and is taling about NROTC as an option. I was taling with my wife and said : I not sure about Iowa, some of the guys said they were offered Jobs near by in Engeneering, I could lose Jake to Iowa :dunno::(:(:(

That could be a good thing. A few years away might make him realize he would prefer to find a career closer to you. :thumb::thumb:

Many of the companies in Iowa looking for Engineering talent also have locations across the country. There are a lot of internship possibilities as well. But, Iowa doesn't pay as high of salaries either....the lower cost of living more than makes up for it though. :D

Well, while you may 'lose him' to Iowa, but you'll also be losing him to the Navy for X years after that.

Make sure you look into what the NROTC scholarship pays. Jean's youngest son went to UT Austin, and the Navy paid tuition, fees, and a stipend. Nothing for housing, meals, etc. That sure added up... and I'm not sure the finances of the program were represented 'properly'. If you know what I mean. :(