average price for laying a wood floor?

allen levine

I hate to ask money questions, but Im asking those that have had it done more than asking the pros to talk prices, although any thoughts would be good.
Im having wood floors put in, I cant do it, Im incapable of doing this.
Does anyone here know what the going rate is for laying a floor per sq foot, per room, per job? I want something to judge the rate Im about to get tomorrow or sunday.
Thanx in advance, its going to be prefinished .900 sq feet approx

HD was quoting as little as $1.80 to as much as $4 per square foot plus the materials yesterday here in Arizona yesterday. I was looking, too.

Lottsa variables here. The flooring, the underlayment, various strips and caulking, the flooring material itself, and the installation. Be careful that you are comparing apples with apples. And likely, the area of the country would have some input here as well.

I am having my kitchen redone and I am deciding what I can do and what I have to have someone else do. For me that means what does it cost to contrast what I am being quoted.

I contacted a wood floor guy out here thats been around for many many years and asked him about stripping an old armstrong floor, and he told me he knows someone that might do it.
I used the guy, he did the best job Ive ever had done on the floor, at a decent price, and he told me he normally installs wood/laminate floors, but strips and waxes also on the side.
so Im waiting on his price this week. the wood Ill probably get from a lumber liquidators or someone like that, hes looking for what I want.

you can try but i cant get in touch with him and have left messges and emails and threw another forum he's gone!!!! had some tuff times awhile back and no clue where he is.. was in hamilton near the border.

I was looking a couple years ago here. It was 3 per foot to lay and 2 to finish if you used unfinished.

After getting prices and being the frugal person that I am (my wife just calls me cheap.:D) I decided to do it myself. Here's an in progress shot and a finished shot.

Attachments

• finished flooring 005 (Medium).jpg
    finished flooring 005 (Medium).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 21
  • finished flooring 015 (Medium).jpg
    finished flooring 015 (Medium).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 24
I was looking a couple years ago here. It was 3 per foot to lay and 2 to finish if you used unfinished.

After getting prices and being the frugal person that I am (my wife just calls me cheap.:D) I decided to do it myself. Here's an in progress shot and a finished shot.

what kind of wood was that john looks like hickory?? nice job on that :thumb::thumb: