Ahhhhhh Spring

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I know many of you are still under a deep coating of that white stuff, but here in SW Idaho we are seeing the first signs of spring. Today I noticed that my tulips are coming up! I purchased a dozen or so bulbs from the Grand Hotel last summer (they change out their beds each season and sell the bulbs via their website) and they are up about an inch already!

I love it here. Life is good.:D

I can confirm Rennie's proclamation of an early spring here in the Northwest. This has been a very strange winter, in that there wasn't much of one. Everything is starting to bud where I live and today is another great day with warm sunny skys.

It's a Seattle kind of day here in the valley of the sun. overcast and drizzely, Temps in the 60's but we'll take it, we need the rain.
Don, The sun is out and 60, went to mow the yard yesterday and the mower just put out a bunch of smoke, the only cloud in the sky. The view of the Cascades and Pudget Sound is beautiful :D

Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall; you mean these names actually refer to some sort of change in the weather??? Poor handicapped 3rd generation southern Californian . . .

It's a spring day here too Rennie.

Trees budding out....sun shining....high's in the 50's today.

It's been that way for several weeks. It'll be a long fire season, I'm afraid.

well in my sunny northern home, we got sunny skies and warmer than normal temps ,,everything is thawing and dripping.. our 1.5' of snow has condensed to around 4-6":) webster even took a snooze outside soaking up the springy weather:)

Don, I hope so. Bigger service than usual planned for tomorrow. Beginning of Lent and consecration of congregation council. So far it is not sticking. Don't know what it is doing on the Rim however. :rolleyes: It is what it is. God wants me there, then there I will get.

Ha! We're getting snow right now in KC...but I'm happy for you Rennie. At least someone gets to enjoy it. All the more reason to broaden my job search, may have to try for somewhere warm since I have the opportunity. :D

Overcast and low 60s here today. Late afternoon could feel the humidity. Almost like a mist. Rain and possible light thunderstorms after midnight, cold front in the afternoon, then Monday night and all day Tuesday, SNOW....again!!! :huh: One of the guys on the short bus (we have to park a block across the street from the dealership) as we left work last night said he didn't think he'd ever say this, but he's getting tired of snow. I told him to enjoy it, because we probably won't see any for a few years. :rofl: Jim.

Here in Des Moines we have approximately 15" of snow on the ground and another 2 to 3" are predicted for tonight and tomorrow. We have had 64" this season and have not seen the ground since before Christmas.
We just moved here last summer to be near kids and grandkids and we are being blamed for the snow. Go Figure. I have to admit that I am tired of snow. The piles along our street and our driveway are close to 5' high. Spring will be here soon I hope.

We got clocked with several inches of snow last night and today! Those poor bulbs that are poking their leaves out of the ground are a little disappointed, I'm thinking....

According to Omaha radio KFAB, we've had snow on the ground for a record 77 days and it's only been above 40 degrees 4 times since Dec 1st. Cabin Fever!?!? NO!! Domain Poisoning!!!:rofl::rofl:

Yeah, with all the snow still on the ground, I'm hoping for a fairly dry spring to avoid major flooding. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we see flooding just from the melt water.

The snow we had Saturday morning was perfect for snowman making though. Daughter and I made a 6' tall snowman and he wasn't as tall as the snow piles from having the driveway plowed.