Gömböc

That's very cool. Looks like it would be an interesting lathe or CNC milling project. I suppose this page shows enough information to make one, if I only understood what it was telling me. (And it's even in English. :doh:) Math and geometry are two of my weak spots.

Dear Vaughn!
I am afraid of it at this we will not find more detailed description. This is a mathematical problem.
This man roamed the seacoasts until 20 years because of that that the delegate finds this.:dunno:
(Hungary does not have a sea) :( This is going with a test only.

Jozsef

Cool shape.:thumb:

Alhough the mathematical explanation seems rather complex, I guess that one could be made by trial and error.
In the web appears one made of porcelain, which doesn't show the facets of the metal one. So my guess is that the whole shape is rather forgiving as far as that is concerned.

I think that using a ball of plasticine, could be a good starting point. I'm not saying that I'm gonna make one though. Maybe I'm too optimistic:dunno:

I am not strong at math or geometry either.
But, I am a master at scepticism.
Methinks the inventor may have had a previous profession of selling snake oil and has now invented the perpetual motion machine.
Stand an egg on end and let go, it will roll to it's natural balance position.
I'm very uncertain he has anything special there. Except, maybe, a very clever marketing scheme.
BTW, if you watch a turtle right itself, they use muscle power.