CNC in the woodshop

i know, I know, it's not "traditional" woodworking, but it turns out pretty nice. This is an inlaid cutting board I did for a friend. The board is hard maple and the inlay is purpleheart.

Attachments

• IMG_1090.JPG
    IMG_1090.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 55
i know, I know, it's not "traditional" woodworking, but it turns out pretty nice. This is an inlaid cutting board I did for a friend. The board is hard maple and the inlay is purpleheart.

Gary nice job.

I am a CNC guy - so I know that is not ALL CNC. You did a LOT of traditional work too.

The inlay is CNC - and that is gorgeous.

Nice job.

So --- do tell, what software do you program with - and what process did you use to do the inlay?

I use Vectric V-Carve pro - but have never tried an inlay yet.

Man, this is Family Woodworking, not traditional woodworking (what is that by the way???:dunno:), heck, they even look at my cobbling from time to time!!:rofl::rofl: I don't care what you call that, that is one extremely nice piece!!!!:thumb::thumb: Waiting on your answers to all of the questions from the guys that have machines and information on how to produce something like that. :lurk: