Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beds Bath and Beyond

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Beds Bath and Beyond

The womens equivalent to home depot.
    I walked by my wives office and overheard on the phone with my daughter in law asking her if she had a BBB store close by. I guess that where women go when they don't know where else to look..
    Last edited by Don Baer; 02-22-2010 at 01:56 AM.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I have to admit, as the primary cook in the household, I do enjoy a good BBB shopping trip... I'll never get past feeling self concious there though...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

you guys joking? I love that store. I love the utensils, the bbq equipment, the unique stuff, the towels, and so on.
    I never go there without my 20% off coupon. I dont know anyone who doesnt get them, so dont forget them.
    I recently purchased a really heavy thick set of steak knives.
    and the ones near me, I consider their staff about the best in retail business.
    Noone ever ignores you in there if you ask a question. Kudos to their upper management, they know how to run a business.

Don't get me wrong. Love the store. Great products, Great service... But still, I feel more comfortable in a hardware store...
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    ... I'll never get past feeling self concious there though...
    Have you ever been to a fabric store? Man, those ladies will make you feel like a child molester. I think I feel more comfortable buying feminine hygiene products for LOML at the supermarket than I do buying anything in a fabric store. (Although if I'm buying those products, she's more SWMBO than she is LOML.)

I'm like you...I do the cooking, so I like shopping at BB&B. Nowadays though, I end up mostly looking, since I already have pretty much all the kitchen tools and gadgets I can use.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    I have to admit, as the primary cook in the household, I do enjoy a good BBB shopping trip... I'll never get past feeling self concious there though...
    And, your wife shops at Lowe's.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Have you ever been to a fabric store? Man, those ladies will make you feel like a child molester. I think I feel more comfortable buying feminine hygiene products for LOML at the supermarket than I do buying anything in a fabric store. (Although if I'm buying those products, she's more SWMBO than she is LOML.)

I'm like you...I do the cooking, so I like shopping at BB&B. Nowadays though, I end up mostly looking, since I already have pretty much all the kitchen tools and gadgets I can use.
    Never been in a BBB but, I am told the 'Beyond' part includes lots and lots of 'stuff'.
    Agree on the fabric thing. I buy fabrics at Wally World for my reenacting stuff. Can't even get the women working there to look at me. I have to be very assertive, borderlines on rude to get attention and service. I cut up cotton baby blanket flannel for cleaning patches. It really blows their minds when I tell them I don't care what color it is except for pink.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    And, your wife shops at Lowe's.
    She does! And she actually asks for help!

I have a hard time explaining to her that asking for help to find something in lowes or HD spoils the 'thrill of the hunt' for me...

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    you guys joking? I love that store. I love the utensils, the bbq equipment, the unique stuff, the towels, and so on.
    I never go there without my 20% off coupon. I dont know anyone who doesnt get them, so dont forget them.
    Allen you want to make sure you keep your coupons if you don't use them before the expiration date... even though the date may have passed BB&B will still take them...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    My wife doesn't drive much any more because she has trouble seeing because of an eye problem, so I get to make all the stores she likes to shop in... Joann's, Hancock's, Hobby Lobby, etc... I actually enjoy going with her to pick out fabrics for her quilting... kinda fun trying to find/match colors for her.

Her favorite kitchen gadget store is Sur La Tabla... prices are outrageous though...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Gee, I feel left out.

I don't get any BB&B coupons. How do you get them? I am redoing my kitchen. I am sure there things I will need to get.