craigslist a day late and a dollar short!

I'm sure like many of you I look at craigslist a couple times a day to see if I can catch any good deals.

It seems like I'm always the guy who is second or third in line to get anything. I just missed around 130 bd/ft of walnut that was cut 2 years ago and stacked in the dry. He said it was from 8 - 12 inches wide and 10 foot, he wanted 100 for it.

A couple months ago I missed a bedrock 602 for 50 bucks. I was second for that one.

It seems like stuff I don't want will stay on CL for weeks.

Anybody else had any dang it moments?

Yup last year I found a jet mini with a nova chuck and Sorby tools for 150 bucks. Gone before I emailed the guy:doh:
Right now there is one for 700 with Lathe lathe ext duplicator sorby micro tool set Termite (bowl hollowing tool) misc sorby tooling. And me with no cash:doh::doh:

Just saw one today on Lincoln, NE CL rough sawn ash and walnut. He wanted $4.00 BF for the ash and $9.00 BF for the walnut. There's a sawmill 15 min. from me where I can get ash for $1.60 and walnut for $4.00 rough sawn and kiln dried :D Guess the guy on CL will be looking at his boards for awhile. :rolleyes:

I'm sure like many of you I look at craigslist a couple times a day to see if I can catch any good deals.

It seems like I'm always the guy who is second or third in line to get anything. I just missed around 130 bd/ft of walnut that was cut 2 years ago and stacked in the dry. He said it was from 8 - 12 inches wide and 10 foot, he wanted 100 for it.

A couple months ago I missed a bedrock 602 for 50 bucks. I was second for that one.

It seems like stuff I don't want will stay on CL for weeks.

Anybody else had any dang it moments?

Everytime. I'll search & search for used tools and never find anything. People I know will get great deals at pawn shops. Not me! Those deals don't appear until about 1week after I purchase the tool new. Now that I'm laid off there are deals everywhere.:doh:

Dang Roger, that's a nice deal on the lumber!

I missed a performax 16-32 about 7 mo. ago for 500. Same story "I've got a guy coming today to look" I call back "Nope buddy he bought it"