What are your thoughts on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Shiverdecker

In Memorium
We all call ourselves Americans, when in reality, we are Citizens of The United States of America.

Everyone living as citizens of countries in North, Central, and South America are AMERICANS.

I believe that we should, if we are not ready to embrace all of our American neighbors, find another way of identifying ourselves.

What do you think? PLease keep it within the rules of conduct. Not lookin' to start arguments, just friendly discussion. :wave:

Bruce

We all call ourselves Americans, when in reality, we are Citizens of The United States of America.

Everyone living as citizens of countries in North, Central, and South America are AMERICANS.

I believe that we should, if we are not ready to embrace all of our American neighbors, find another way of identifying ourselves.

What do you think? PLease keep it within the rules of conduct. Not lookin' to start arguments, just friendly discussion. :wave:

Bruce

I think this has no place on here as "WE" are "Family Woodworkers" and living all over the globe. Some of us are woodworkers and some of us are in awe of the woodworking done by others but this is not an American or US site..
Garry
PS If the recent passing of NIKI didn't bring this home maybe nothing will.

Last edited:
I think with the current state of affairs it is a moot issue. When China calls in our debt and finds out we don't have enough land mass to cover the debt we will become citizens of China, ie, chinese!

My thoughts are that while the thought is correct that that we are all in N or S America, and therefore Americans geographically, the name of this country is the United States of America, and therefore calling ourselves Americans is proper. None of the other countries have the name America in their country's name, so calling US citizens "Americans" would still be correct. Just as Chinese, Japanese, Koreans and others are Asians, but none would use just that term to describe their nationality. If I have a vote (wait a minute....I do have a vote.:D) I'd say that calling US citizens Americans is and will continue to be correct. Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.