Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nother weekend here so whacha got planned

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Nother weekend here so whacha got planned

Shop, church, shop with the race on sunday from Vegas. So hwats on you agenda.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Church and a couple of meetings, but also shop time! All the drawers are done and the face frames were finished yesterday. This weekend....DOORS! Then, maybe next weekend, pictures.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Then, maybe next weekend, pictures.
    Bought time
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Need to make a little table for seed starting, so will work on that. I really feel the need to make something this weekend, so it should be a nice little project.

Then back to the fireplace....
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Same thing I've been doing all week. Proping my foot up and icing it. Broke my foot last weekend and had surgery yesterday to insert "hardware" as the surgeon called it. 5 srews and 2 steel plates. No shop time for me for awhile. Crutches for at least 4 weeks, but possilby 6.

I am coming up with ideas for stuff to make and do, just can't go out and do it. At least it's not snowing!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Feeling poorly, might just go home and hibernate for the weekend. Started my workbench top, not looking good to get much on it.

Jeff, sorry about the foot. Hope it all heals well.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

same old, same old...
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Starting by plowing snow. We aren't getting much, but what we are is blowing sideways. LOML said she almost got stuck in a drift on the way out this morning. She and I were supposed to go to Costco and dinner tonight since LOMLjr is going to a sleepover but that might change to a night at home.

In the morning I'm going to Electric Tool in Ann Arbor to help a friend demo Kreg stuff. The rest of the weekend family time and shop time building a stand for my Kreg Klamp table and building a new cart for my welder and plasma cutter instead of having them on separate carts.

Ill spend the second half of today dealing with horrible streets in NY outer boroughs trying to get home, then make the trip back tomorrow and back home tomorrow afternoon. keep me busy half the weekend.

Getting the top of my seven drawer dresser done. It is my third attempt to it and I need to be in proper frame of mind and concentrated in order not to flunke it again.

So keep your fingers crossed, because I'll need all of mine to do it well. Pics of the whole process to come soon if I succeed.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...