Delta wood lathe duplicator

Nope, but do have one for my Craftsman lathe. Never used it yet. Put it on two or three times, never fired it up and ran it. :dunno::dunno::dunno:
What will this one cost you? If your not in a hurry, could bring it next time I get to Larry's and we could give it a try. It fits on the bed like the tool rest and tailstock. Dimensions of height of head and tailstock from the bed would be to me the discriminating factor.

I don't have any experience with the Delta model, but I have used a Vega lathe duplicator extensively and the Vega duplicator works very well. From looking at the pictures I could find online, the Delta model looks nearly identical to the Vega model. The thing I'd be worried about is the cutter. I don't think anyone sells the Delta duplicator anymore so I don't know about a source for replacement cutters. You could end up in a situation where you had to manufacture your own replacement cutters. The Vega duplicator had a carbide cutter and we managed to wear it out doing production work. One tip I have is that if you get a duplicator, mount it on the back side of your lathe and flip the cutter upside down. No matter how good the duplicator cuts, you will still want to clean some things up by hand at the front of the lathe.

I haven't bought the duplicator yet, I am just thinking about it if the price is right. Some day I might get the chair making bug or some other disease that demands bushels of spindles. As far as cutters, I have all kinds of cutters and could make something work.

i have owned the delta and used the vega on a 10' bed lathe...
both work okay for fatter stock but if you want to turn spindles you really need a duplicator with a traveling steady.
that or a back-knife lathe:eek: