Pen blank swap?

Kalea - the only way to know what the shipping cost will be is to be standing with a packaged and labeled box at the post office counter. Yep, I could have turned around and left - but in the interest of keeping the swap going I sent it. I would do it again. Not really sorry, but I was shocked - and I don't want to see it happen again, to anyone. By me posting this - we can take steps against it to be sure it doesn't happen again. So I do hope you don't think I am just complaining - for the sake of complaining. That's just not my way.

Actually if you know the weight and dimensions of your package as well as where it is going you can get shipping quotes online at www.usps.com
you can do the same with ups and probably fed ex as well

PM sent!

If you would like to test the address = I would love a sample of anything you may send me! :rofl: may I suggest a nice bowl blank !

Now Paul, I do have a lot of bowl blanks. Anything special you want? I just cut down a 2 ft. + cherry tree and several walnut trees. Nothing special there, just fresh wood. Maybe you can find something from your local that I can't get "up North" and we'll do a swap.

Paul,

I am willing - sounds like a good plan you have there.

In the original plan - there was a thought to include a finished pen made just for the swap. Labled with wood type, pen type and name of maker. I thought that was a great idea.

Kalea - the only way to know what the shipping cost will be is to be standing with a packaged and labeled box at the post office counter. Yep, I could have turned around and left - but in the interest of keeping the swap going I sent it. I would do it again. Not really sorry, but I was shocked - and I don't want to see it happen again, to anyone. By me posting this - we can take steps against it to be sure it doesn't happen again. So I do hope you don't think I am just complaining - for the sake of complaining. That's just not my way.

For U.S. a flat rate priority box can be used. Cost is known regardless of weight. (up to 70 pounds, I doubt we will exceed that. lead blanks anyone? ;) ). Easy to use click and ship, I use it frequently.

For U.S. a flat rate priority box can be used. Cost is known regardless of weight. (up to 70 pounds, I doubt we will exceed that. lead blanks anyone? ;) ). Easy to use click and ship, I use it frequently.

Frank
Just a question as I don't know. Does a new flat rate box need to be used each time to keep them from weighing the box. I know the Government can have some silly rules. I have used the flat rate packages, but don't know as I have ever re used one...

Thanks
Garry

Now Paul, I do have a lot of bowl blanks. Anything special you want? I just cut down a 2 ft. + cherry tree and several walnut trees. Nothing special there, just fresh wood. Maybe you can find something from your local that I can't get "up North" and we'll do a swap.

I think we may have the same wood available. Eastern Red Cedar, Honey Locust, Sassafras, Black Walnut, Elm, Hackberry, W. Oak, Red Oak, Osage Orange, and a few others...

Paul

Frank
Just a question as I don't know. Does a new flat rate box need to be used each time to keep them from weighing the box. I know the Government can have some silly rules. I have used the flat rate packages, but don't know as I have ever re used one...

Thanks
Garry

No. Same box can be reused. Unlikely it will be weighed unless someone thinks it exceeds 70 pounds.

New Blank Swap II news!

A new box will be on the way soon...like 10 days soon. If you want in...PM please. If you don't want in, Thank you and we hope we see you next time. I have most of the list and am gonna shoot from the hip. "I want in" by Monday the 29th.
Sorry for the delay folks and thanks for your patients ( I'm not sure I spelled that the way it was meant)...it's gonna be fun!! :wave::wave::thumb::);) and so on..

a PM was sent to Paul -- my mistake I guess..

will send you one now to... Jim

What happened to Paul?? HE SAID "Paul Downes Another thought, I could forgo trying to set up a chronological order and just allow the recipient to decide where to send it next from the list."

Jim do you have the original box from the first pen blank swap??? if you do that will answer a few questions out there I think. If so get with Paul Downs and see if the two of you can get a the new version up and going, sure looks like a lot of takers out there:):thumb::thumb::thumb:

I don't have it Tom. It ended with Ned. He and I chatted the other day and he asked me to start and finish #2. The boxes don't cost anything...the shipping does. You can, as I have many times, and grab some flat rate boxes from the P.O.. Fill 'em up and ship 'em off. I have 3 on the floor that will be out the door tomorrow with pre-printed labels from USPS.com.
I'll be happy to answer any ?'s I can, but the box is headed out to stop #2 in 10 days.

he asked me to start and finish #2. The boxes don't cost anything...the shipping does.

Only because I am obsessively organized.... if you are indeed picking up where Ned left off perhaps it would be better form to take any further info about that swap back over to that thread that Ned had on it, instead of here on this thread where Paul was trying to get something going. I personally would have been a little ticked if you stepped on my toes that way.... but perhaps that's just me ;)

Not to mention the confusion it has/may cause in regards to who people should be contacting to get in on the swap Paul was trying to start

This Paul sent my adress to Paul -- then to Jim but I am thinking that I need to sent it to myself to cover all of the bases... :thumb:

O.K. I can send a box out soon. or not. I certainly don't want to step on anyones toes. So the question is; should we start a new swap or are we going with the former? Either way, is fine with me.

i am not in this but i also feel that paul should continue to do his,, he brought it up and got the race started again and shouldnt be disqualified because the other one got brought back to the surface..for what ever reasoning..the KISS rule should definitely apply here..

Paul and I are chatting about it. Please keep in mind that Ned asked me to get his rolling, no toe stepping, no infringement, no anything...just helping out a friend by carrying out his request, much like I think anyone else would be inclined to do. Paul and I will have a solution in a couple of days, that like most things in life, will please most , but maybe not all. Thanks :wave: