GO CANADA

I'm a loyal and Patriotic American, but I drive a bus from Portland to Vancouver BC three times a week and I tell you Canada is 2nd to none when it comes to patriotism.

It's been something to see them coming together and the support that they give to their teams and their country. :thumb:

WOW what a game, nail bitter to the end!

My daughter Erika had to go to school, when they tied it up, so I told her to stay, and I'll drive her so she won't be late :D

Then Crosby wins the game! :thumb:

Hats off to team USA, they made us work for it, and they could have won it several times to, great hockey, I think there were only three penalties in the whole game, good clean hard hitting hockey!

Canada won the most gold medals this time around at 14, not bad for a country of only 34, million, I mean heck, California has 37 million people :D

What a great way to start the day, now I'm off to the chiropractor! (not related to the game!)

Canada Canada!

Funny PS, watching the game here on TV, the Japanese commentators see Gretzky in the audience with "some guy"........... that guy is the Prime Minister of Canada, Stephen Harper :D The Japanese announcers know Wayne, but not the PM, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Makes sense I guess, the announcers are Hockey guys;) :D

Wow, what a game!! Congrats to Canada, and all the participants of all the teams. US made a good late stab at it, but Miller was right (I think it was Miller) when he said after their first match early on, that Canada would be really tough if they met again in the medal round, and he was right. What a fitting way for the Olympics to end! Now let's see what Canada has up their sleeves for the closing ceremony! Jim.

Wow, what a game!! Congrats to Canada, and all the participants of all the teams. US made a good late stab at it, but Miller was right (I think it was Miller) when he said after their first match early on, that Canada would be really tough if they met again in the medal round, and he was right.

Miller was outstanding in goal, he really anchored the US team!

Jim O'Dell said:
What a fitting way for the Olympics to end! Now let's see what Canada has up their sleeves for the closing ceremony! Jim.

Closing ceremonies........:huh:

Canada won the gold medal in hockey, nothing can top that :D

I think they might have to cancel the closing ceremonies, everyone will still be in the pub celebrating :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You should hear the noise outside. I am at my daughter's place near Bayview and Eglington in Toronto and car horns etc have been sounding ever since the end of the hockey game.

Funny, there wasn't a peep outside when Canada won the men's curling gold yesterday, defeating Norway in the final. And more people in Canada (including me) curl then play hockey. :huh:

Last edited:
Way to go Hosers!

But seriously, Congratulations! Didn't watch it, Actually spent time in the shop today!

Congrats to Canada. I've not yet watched the game, but it's on the DVR for future viewing. Sounds like it was a good one.

I've been pretty hooked on the short track speed skating this time around. I must say though, that I think Apolo Ohno was robbed of the Silver in the men's 500 meter event. The Canadian skater (Hamblin) made similar contact with the Chinese skater (who was at the time in the lead), and he was not DQ'ed. It's a tough call, but I think the judge missed it this time. :rolleyes:

[Pardon me while I go put on my flameproof hockey jersey and goalie mask.] :D