Hi there!

Derek Odom

Hello, everyone! My name (as you may have guessed) is Derek, and while I'm not a woodworker, per se, I sure do love projects! I live in Yucaipa, CA, and am big into the off-road and camping scene.

I'm 35 and am in the process of buying my first real house, which means (drum-roll, please...) I will have a GARAGE! Now I can finally, finally do all the things I have wanted to do since I was a teen. And that includes wood projects.

I have perused the forums, and I must say, you all are a very helpful bunch! I am really looking forward to learning from your experience.

A little about me: I quit my J-O-B in October of 2008 to freelance write full-time from home, and haven't looked back once. Sure beats clockin' in! :D I grew up in Colorado, which I loved, and had to move to California in 1987. Yuck. I'm not the biggest fan of this state, but my friends and family are here, so I opted to stay a while longer.

Anyhow, sorry for the mini-ramble. I am looking forward to becoming a part of the community! :)

Welcome aboard, Derek. :wave: You found a good place to get opinions and advice.

I'm a tech writer/editor who's been looking for work for the past year. Glad to see somebody's making it in the writing biz. :thumb: I was hoping to get into freelance work when I got laid off last year, but what I've seen so far has been for very little (or no) pay. If you've got any hot tips to offer, I'm all ears. ;)

well derek some of us are gonna be traveling threw your state soon, maybe you can drop in and visit them in person:) what part od CA are you from and if you put that in your profile we all wil know where to stop for a cup of coffee or just say hi:) oh and welcome to the forum

Welcome, to the family Derek, be warned about the pic police, so you'd better start taking and posting pictures of anything that you do or you'll be in trouble:D:rofl::rofl::rofl: