Clip Board/Box

Ron Roase

This is a project for my wife to keep her papers organized for some of her volunteer work at church. It is a clip board with storage inside for all sorts of needed things. I saw it in the last Shop Notes Mag. I am making it fro curly Maple,Cherry,Baltic Birch and some pine. Have struck a snag in getting the hardware,therefore had to stop and wait for both Lee vally and Rockler to get these items in.Main piece holding up is the push button reliese to open the box. Made with 1/8th finger joints and Bridal joints in the corners of the top & bottom Panels.Cutting Finger joints.JPG

Making the Bridal Joints.JPG

Glue up of pannels.JPG

Top and Bottom Pannels.JPG

Frame hinged together.JPG

Inside Tray.JPG

Clip Board Box.JPG Will post again when I get the hardware & completeVery time consuming, but also lots of fun.:D:thumb::rofl::rofl:

Ron, when the lid is down, it seals so the contents don't spill into other areas? Will it have a latch so it doesn't leak important things out? A leather loop around it like the old time school books??? Man I like the looks of it! Without the innerds, it would be a great box for my brother's bible.

Nice looking project Ron, maybe you can explain how you do the fingerjoints. The jig I use always causes tearout even with a backer board. Mine is a homemade jig. Keep up with the great work.

Jonathan: I am waiting for the part to come from Lee Vally it's a push button reliese. It uses a pin type of lock to keep things in tack also am waiting for the acctual clip that holds the paper on the top. It's comming from Rockler and at this moment is out of stock :(
Virgil : The backer board on my jig is a piece of 1/8th " Plastic I just slide it to a different location each time I change to a different size cut. It works much better when used on the router table with a up cut bit.:thumb::thumb:
Soon as I get my hardware I'll Finish it up and repost it.:):thumb: