Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Albuquerque/Santa Fe-area get-together

Question Albuquerque/Santa Fe-area get-together

Calling all Albuquerque/Santa Fe members:

Mike Robertson and I had a great idea to have a get-together of all of the Albq/Santa Fe-area members who are interested. If you are interested in having a Saturday-morning breakfast confab to meet , share ideas/jokes/stupid things you've done , and just have a good time, post your interest here. Projected dates are February 10, 17, or 24. We are thinking Mimi's Cafe, in the @25! center at the intersection of I-25 and Jefferson. If we can gather enough attendees, we can probably get their back room for a brunch at, say, 10:30 a.m.

Let me know!

Nancy

Cross-posted to SMC
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Yummmmmmm!

OK, I'm there! I can smell the Quiche already. Rita and I would prefer the 17th. What time are we thinking?

Mike

Who says a square peg won't fit in a round hole? Let me at a lathe for a few minutes and it will!

Never Say Never

If it weren't for the 800 mile commute, I'd be there. I'm still a NM boy at heart.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    If it weren't for the 800 mile commute, I'd be there. I'm still a NM boy at heart.
    Just jump into that Lear of yours and come on out.

Betty & I will be there.
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Just jump into that Lear of yours and come on out.

Betty & I will be there.
    My boss has a Gulfstream, but I suspect he won't let me borrow it that weekend.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Vaughn, this would be the perfect opportunity for you to come back to Albq for a long weekend to see your family and have some fun! Think about it! It's only a 10-hour (?) drive!

Nanc y
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt
    Hi Nancy.
    Would love to come, but I'm taking an all day class on Saturday at Santa Fe CC.
    You all enjoy and I'll catch up with ya later!
    Jess

But Matt, isn't a trip to Woodworker's Supply worth the trip from Hobbs? Kill two birds with one trip. You might even get a guided tour from an employee (hubby).

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com

Twist. Twist.

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com

Hi, all - our first Albuquerque area breakfast is done, and we had a lot of fun. First of all, David and I made nametags for all the attendees so we'd know who we were talking to.

Attachment 4833

We made a couple of extras so we could put names on them with a Sharpie.

We had only 7 people attend this time - but we all agreed that we had a good time, exchanged ideas and just yakked.

Attachment 4829 Attachment 4830

Attachment 4831 Attachment 4832

John Downey lives in Corona, NM, a small town between Albuquerque and Ruidoso, and is busy building his own house. We "met" here, and he hangs out on WoodCentral a lot. His wife couldn't attend today - work kept her busy.

Johanna Johansen lives in Placitas, NM, and does woodworking at her home. She also hangs out on WoodCentral as well as Women in Woodworking.

Chris Tegard lives in Albuquerque, and runs a laser business and turns and sells pens out of his home. His wife was also at work today so she couldn't make it. Chris hangs out on SMC, as well as on a couple of engraving forums. Turns out we had met before at a craft show before Christmas.

Mike and Rita Robertson hang out here, as well as on a couple of pen-turning forums. They also live in Albuquerque, but are anticipating a move to Florida (!) in the next couple of years.

And last but not least, your humble writer and her spouse--we live in Rio Rancho, we build custom cabinets and furniture, do laser engraving, turn pens and are ready to move into larger turnings.

We had a good time, and I hope that other members are able to join us next time. Date and time will be announced.

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com