Albuquerque/Santa Fe-area get-together

Nancy Laird

Calling all Albuquerque/Santa Fe members:

Mike Robertson and I had a great idea to have a get-together of all of the Albq/Santa Fe-area members who are interested. If you are interested in having a Saturday-morning breakfast confab to meet:wave: , share ideas/jokes/stupid things you've done :doh: , and just have a good time, post your interest here. Projected dates are February 10, 17, or 24. We are thinking Mimi's Cafe, in the @25! center at the intersection of I-25 and Jefferson. If we can gather enough attendees, we can probably get their back room for a brunch at, say, 10:30 a.m.

Let me know!

Nancy

Cross-posted to SMC

Vaughn, this would be the perfect opportunity for you to come back to Albq for a long weekend to see your family and have some fun! Think about it! It's only a 10-hour (?) drive!

Nanc y

But Matt, isn't a trip to Woodworker's Supply worth the trip from Hobbs? :D Kill two birds with one trip. You might even get a guided tour from an employee (hubby).

Nancy

Hi, all - our first Albuquerque area breakfast is done, and we had a lot of fun. First of all, David and I made nametags for all the attendees so we'd know who we were talking to.

IMG_0031 (600 x 450).jpg

We made a couple of extras so we could put names on them with a Sharpie.

We had only 7 people attend this time - but we all agreed that we had a good time, exchanged ideas and just yakked.

IMG_0025 - text (600 x 450).jpg IMG_0026 - text (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_0027-text (600 x 450).jpg IMG_0029-text (600 x 450).jpg

John Downey lives in Corona, NM, a small town between Albuquerque and Ruidoso, and is busy building his own house. We "met" here, and he hangs out on WoodCentral a lot. His wife couldn't attend today - work kept her busy.

Johanna Johansen lives in Placitas, NM, and does woodworking at her home. She also hangs out on WoodCentral as well as Women in Woodworking.

Chris Tegard lives in Albuquerque, and runs a laser business and turns and sells pens out of his home. His wife was also at work today so she couldn't make it. Chris hangs out on SMC, as well as on a couple of engraving forums. Turns out we had met before at a craft show before Christmas.

Mike and Rita Robertson hang out here, as well as on a couple of pen-turning forums. They also live in Albuquerque, but are anticipating a move to Florida (!) in the next couple of years.

And last but not least, your humble writer and her spouse--we live in Rio Rancho, we build custom cabinets and furniture, do laser engraving, turn pens and are ready to move into larger turnings.

We had a good time, and I hope that other members are able to join us next time. Date and time will be announced.

Nancy

Very nice Nancy...always great to get together with people you share the keyboard and a common interest with.

Thanks for the pics.:thumb: