Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delta Table Saw on Craigslist

Delta Table Saw on Craigslist

I'm looking for a new table saw and found this Delta 34-670 on craigslist: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...621034683.html

Price seems a little high to me. Maybe that's why it hasn't sold yet?

I bought the cheapest thing at Sears when I started last year because I wasn't sure if I would stick with it. $300 is the max I can spend for a new one right now and this is the best thing I could find on craigslist in my area.

Way too high of a price for that saw, IMHO. The saw seems to get OK reviews from people who have one, but the common theme seems to be "it's OK, but not great". It might be a very slight upgrade from your current saw, but for $275, I'd keep looking. Keep your eyes on Craigslist though, because decent deals do come along. If you can find someone with a good contractor saw who's upgrading to a cabinet saw, you can likely find a much better saw for a price in the same range as the Delta you're looking at.

Just poking around in your local CL, I see this one:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...625393620.html

It's got a universal motor (like the Delta), but it's gotten good reviews from what I've seen.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Yeah, I just noticed that one too and it was posted today. I'm looking for something a little more sturdy and with a better fence. I'm still mad at myself for missing out on the Ridgid R4511 clearance at Home Depot. I was thinking about buying it around Christmas and probably could have gotten the price adjustment when they clearanced them out at $299.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I agree with Vaughn. Too bad you not closer, there's a guy here in Phoenix selling an older jet cabinate saw for $150.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Hang tight. A deal will come up. Just be ready to call or email as soon as you see it.

Google has a tool that you can set up to email you about any new posts on Craigslist that you would be interested in.

In fact here is one that many of the people here already own and have high regards for.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cs...625654539.html
    Last edited by Dan Gonzales; 03-03-2010 at 03:23 AM.
    Dan Gonzales
    Whittier, CA, USA
    Dona nobis pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gonzales View Post
    Ooh, I didn't see that one because I was searching for only listings with pictures. It doesn't specify what model it is though. Email sent.
    Last edited by Dan Pierce; 03-03-2010 at 03:47 AM.

If it's the gray one, I believe it's the model that preceded the TS3650 that some of us have. I don't recall seeing anything either good or bad about the gray ones...I do know I've been very happy with my 3650. I suspect it would be a nice step up from your current saw.

One of the great things about buying a used tool is that if something doesn't work out for you, or you find something better down the road, you can usually sell it for close to (or the same as) you paid for it.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    If it's the gray one, I believe it's the model that preceded the TS3650 that some of us have. I don't recall seeing anything either good or bad about the gray ones...I do know I've been very happy with my 3650. I suspect it would be a nice step up from your current saw.
    He sent me some pictures but doesn't know what model it is. Says it is the "latest model of 2004" and I've attached one of the pictures he sent. He also says "it is in great condition and well worth the $300."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Saw top 2 copy.jpg  
    Last edited by Dan Pierce; 03-03-2010 at 06:55 PM.

That is indeed the gray one that preceded the 3650. Model # is 3612. I have it and it is a good little saw. Came with a lifetime warranty. Only bad thing I've heard anyone say about it is the lace work extensions can pinch a finger. I've not had any bad episodes. Some cut out MDF or masonite panels to fill in to keep that from happening. The mobile base is superb. Same as the 3650 has. Fence is decent. Has a serpentine belt instead of a V belt that some other contractor saws use. Might ask if he will take 250.00 for it. Otherwise still probably a decent deal at 300.00 I paid 599.00 for mine new. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    That is indeed the gray one that preceded the 3650. Model # is 3612. I have it and it is a good little saw. Came with a lifetime warranty. Only bad thing I've heard anyone say about it is the lace work extensions can pinch a finger. I've not had any bad episodes. Some cut out MDF or masonite panels to fill in to keep that from happening. The mobile base is superb. Same as the 3650 has. Fence is decent. Has a serpentine belt instead of a V belt that some other contractor saws use. Might ask if he will take 250.00 for it. Otherwise still probably a decent deal at 300.00 I paid 599.00 for mine new. Jim.
    Yeah, I'd be worried about the extensions dinging up my workpiece also. I didn't see a fence in the picture so I wonder if it's included. I think I'll wait for something else. What do you think is a good price for a 3650 on craigslist if I see one?