First Batch of Pendants

Ted Calver

Staff member
I've had the deluxe pendant gizmo from Richard Joyner for several months and have played with it off and on since then. Here are a few of the pendants turned so far...nothing complicated yet... SWMBO likes them simple. She likes to add them to necklaces to jazz them up and now has a new excuse to shop for necklaces on sale--so this didn't save me any money :) . Shown are: Bloodwood, Silver Maple Burl, Cocobolo, Ebony, Zebrawood and a collection of discs awaiting a suitable necklace. All sanded to 600 then buffed with tripoli, white diamond and renaissance wax.

Attachments

• BLOODWOOD-3 (Medium).jpg
    BLOODWOOD-3 (Medium).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 76
  • BURL-1 (Medium).jpg
    BURL-1 (Medium).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 71
  • COCO-1 (Medium).jpg
    COCO-1 (Medium).jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 69
  • EBONY-3 (Medium).jpg
    EBONY-3 (Medium).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 61
  • ZEBRA-1 (Medium).jpg
    ZEBRA-1 (Medium).jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 64
  • PENDANTS-1 (Medium).jpg
    PENDANTS-1 (Medium).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 68
Let's hear more about the deluxe pendant gizmo from Richard Joyner, got any pics of it? preferably in action?? I like the looks of the pendants. how about a short tutorial? :thumb:

Attachments

• Plate-1.JPG
    Plate-1.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Plate-2.JPG
    Plate-2.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Plate-3.JPG
    Plate-3.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Plate-4.JPG
    Plate-4.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Plate-5.JPG
    Plate-5.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Plate-6.JPG
    Plate-6.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Plate-7.JPG
    Plate-7.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Great looking pendants Ted!. I've had my backer plate for about 6-8 weeks but it's simply been too cold out in the shop for my to give it a try. I bought a box or Corian blanks as well. Hope to try it out soon. Very well done!

Tom

I like those a lot, Ted. :thumb: I had missed Paul's original post about the gizmo, so thanks to you both for bringing it up.

BTW, links to other forums are perfectly OK here. It's useful info for the members, no matter whose server it happens to be sitting on. ;)

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. These are not difficult to make and they provide a quick turning fix when you don't have time for the big projects.

Thanks Tom,

They are fun and quick and make good presents.

Tom -- the thing that I like is the different types of material you can use not just wood.

Some have even used thick wall sewer pipes cut into squares.

paul