My Turning Shop

Dennis Kranz

I do not claim to be a carpenter in any way shape or form. Thats why I turn wood, no straght lines to cut. I had the shell put up and then tried to finish the inside myself. The finished inside is not for the weak of heart or someone so fussy they can't have a couple dozen mistakes on the inside. It's 12 X 16 and I can't get enough time in it.
Dennis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EABJYpoFfac

looks like home dennis most of the time huh,, and i too like the crash bars on the window,, was that after replacing the glass first or were you actually thinkun ahead on that one:) if were me it would be after i broke the glass once maybe twice:rofl::thumb:

My only criticism is: for a turning shop it sure is clean... my shop has a fine layer of dust on everything in the shop... even running the DC and fans... next installation will have to be an air cleaner (or two) and maybe I can keep it a little less dusty.

I like the lay out.. nicely done... a little more walking around than I would do, but then I'm lazy and like to have everything in close reach if I can... my saws are at the other end of the shop from the work area, but the DP and lathes are close by. I had a 12x24 metal building put up. It has 24" center studs and I covered the walls with peg board so I can hand tools all around and anywhere in the shop...