Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A life passage

A life passage

Yesterday I sold my lodge. For the uninitiated, that is an old style period correct tent. I have come to the conclusion that it is unlikely I will ever be able to use it again and figured I might as well liquidate. Better than sitting on a shelf and rot. My days of reenactment rendezvous are not completely over but they won't be the same. From now on, instead of doing the period correct camping thing I will park my tin teepee (camping trailer) at a designated, out of sight, location and walk into the village. Even that might not happen for a while since I'll be having shoulder surgery soon and my left arm will be out of commission for most of the year. I'm sad about selling the lodge but not bummed. Life changes and I have to accept that, as we all do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails me and lodge.jpg  
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Been doing a lot of this myself lately. Things change. We adapt. The reflection tour trailer left the driveway with new owners last week. Needed the cash more than the trailer.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Frank didn't no they had sun glasses back then. To bad ya had to sell but life goes on and time erases all the bad as we bouth no.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Bellinger View Post
    Frank didn't no they had sun glasses back then. To bad ya had to sell but life goes on and time erases all the bad as we bouth no.
    Actually they did have glasses. The history of eyeglasses goes way-way back in time. While mine are not period correct, folks did wear sorta sunglasses. Mine darken and lighten. Many of the old ones used silver in the glass to darken and protect from bright sun but the difference was they didn't re-lighten. The pair shown has been in my family for many generations and are typical of what was worn. Colored lenses were believed to cure diseases. Different colors for different ailment. These are blue.
    Yes, life goes on. It will be different. I'm not happy but accepting. Otherwise I would have stubbornly held on and not sold the lodge. Some of my guns are now up for sale also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails old glasses.jpg  

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

well frank you got alot of use out of it, and now someone else can.. and thislife thing happens to us younger folk too.. 2 daughters and no interest
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Things change and life goes on i guess. Selling my 1980 Corvette to help make ends meet while job hunting.

Too old and fat for it now anyway

I had shoulder surgery on my right shoulder 3 years ago. I was supposed to have it done on my left as well but the recovery is worse than the pain of a bad shoulder IMHO. I'll live with it rather than go through that again.
    Last edited by Bob Gibson; 03-06-2010 at 05:16 PM.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Frank

Looks as if that part of your life was terrific. I never thought I'd grow old and here I am retired and still short of time.

Interesting lesson on the glasses. Thanks!

Enjoy the tin tent, them campers can be nice when the weather, bugs ect are bad.

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Foster View Post
    Frank

Looks as if that part of your life was terrific. I never thought I'd grow old and here I am retired and still short of time.

Interesting lesson on the glasses. Thanks!

Enjoy the tin tent, them campers can be nice when the weather, bugs ect are bad.

Garry
    Thanks. Nobody is asking the question about the glasses I thought they would.

Last edited by John Bartley; 11-29-2010 at 02:06 PM.

is this gun a brown bess ?