Small shop Tour

Rick de Roque

My shop is so small that it takes longer to read this than it does to walk around my shop. :D But I enjoyed setting it up and trying to get the most out of my space. I set up this shop about 3 years ago when I started WW. The shop is 11 x 22. Its a one car garage. We also have a 2 car garage but it is not part of the central heating and cooling and my shop is, so since in AR its cold in the winter and hot in the summer I think I will stay in the temp controlled small shop. Learned a lot just building the stuff for the shop. Some of the larger tools are:

20" SF planer
8" Griz jointer
18" jet BS
Griz 1023SL table saw
griz 14" drill press

Thanks,
Rick

P.S. Good to see some of you again. Was wondering where you guys went to.:wave:

shopnorth1.jpg

shopsouth1.jpg

lumberrack.jpg

Last edited:
Rick, it may be small in your view...but it sure looks well laid out and you are getting the most out of every bit of space you have. And it is so clean....nice tour and Thanks.

Great tour Rick! You sure have come a long way in three years!!:thumb:

Love the dust control on your tablesaw - is that original or did you follow some plans?

Only thing that puzzles me is all the horizontal spaces that aren't cluttered with all kinds of stuff. How do you do that?? :huh:

No plans, just made it they way I needed. Takes about 30 seconds to take it off, if I need it out of the way. Has worked well for me.

Rick

Welcome to the Family, Rick. I really like the layout of your shop. I know it's cramped at times, but you have made the area you have work very well. In nice weather, you can always slide over to the 2 car garage and use part of it for assembly and finishing. Great tour! Jim.

Thanks for the shop tour. I will be moving into a similar setup the end of feb. My intensions are to use the 3rd garage bay as the woodworking bay and keep 1/2 of the 2 car garage for non woodworking and larger assembly as well as finishing since I shouldn't have as much problems with sawdust. The only request LOML has made is that she'll finaly be able to part her car in doors.

Hi Rick, I like your shop photos. Hey... Is your tall aux table saw fence anchored to the T sqaure top with those knobs? I'd love top see a closer photo -hint - hint.
Thanks for the ideas.
Mike

Mike,
Yes the tall fence is attached to the T fence with those knobs. I put a piece of 3/4" ply (to make the top of the T fence level) and then drilled a bolt through the T fence to anchor the 3/4" ply down then put bolts through the ply to be used by the knobs to hold the tall fence. Has worked very well for me. I can post some pics tomorrow when I have time to take some pics with it apart.

Rick