Ive been using my dust collector for Id say 1.5 years maybe?
Have all the plastic lines grounded, never had any problems.
Today, everytime I walked over to get a piece of wood coming out of the planer, whenever I touched the metal wheel or handle I was getting a shock.
I figure all this static electricity is not good, something is wrong.
Could not figure it out at all.
This morning, my son had helped me move some wood, and the loose long dust line(4inch hose) that I move around for planer and jointer, and hang when not in use, he curled up in a double circle and hung it and I just took the end and put it in planer.
That must have caused it, cause when I uncurled the line, no more shocks.
Interesting to me, dangerous to me. I was going to shut down the dust collector I was getting a bit nervous.
Was that the culprit?