Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New toy for me

New toy for me

My hands can handle about 2 squeezes of a manual caulking gun. So I got an air assist. I have a kitchen remodel underway so this will be very handy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pg100_thumb.gif  

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Good for you Carol, I am sure with my carpel tunnel, I'd be buying something like it.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thoits View Post
    Umm Chuck, hows a vacuum chuck gonna be any good for caulking...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Umm Chuck, hows a vacuum chuck gonna be any good for caulking...
    Try this http://www.toolbarn.com/milwaukee-6562-21.html copy and past is not my friend tonight
    Stupid hurts.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to expensive for my taste, Chuck!

Bruce
    Bruce Shiverdecker - Retired Starving Artist ( No longer a Part timer at Woodcraft, Peoria, Il.)

"The great thing about turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed and you have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"

Carol, I came this close |--| to getting one of those myself last week. I was killing my hand trying to get asphalt roofing cement out of the tube with a regular caulking gun. (I hate roof repairs anyway, especially when they make me hurt.) Turns out if you cut the tip back far enough to get a big enough hole, it pumps pretty easily...just leaves a bigger bead. For roof repairs the big bead was no problem, but I'll bet for you application it would be.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thoits View Post
    copy and past is not my friend tonight
    I thought the caulk would clog up the vacuum pump...

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Shiverdecker View Post
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to expensive for my taste, Chuck!

Bruce
    That's why all of my caulking guns are old school.
    Stupid hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Carol, I came this close |--| to getting one of those myself last week. I was killing my hand trying to get asphalt roofing cement out of the tube with a regular caulking gun. (I hate roof repairs anyway, especially when they make me hurt.) Turns out if you cut the tip back far enough to get a big enough hole, it pumps pretty easily...just leaves a bigger bead. For roof repairs the big bead was no problem, but I'll bet for you application it would be.
    Vaughn you should try just cutting the top off the tube.
    Stupid hurts.