Grandpa's and aunt's presents for the newborn twins...

Well...the youngest son and DIL asked me to turn rattles for their newborn twins.

The one on the left I turned a couple of weeks ago. The one on the right I turned this evening. My oldest son's wife crocheted the sandals and shoes for the newborns.

Maple....frictioned BLO and frictioned dewaxed shellac.

2R3.JPG

well ken they look really nice and i see you gave the club to the girl to beat the brother and the barbell to the boy to make him strong enough to handle her beatings:):rofl::rofl: nice set of toys Ken:thumb::thumb:

Actually Larry...they are both girls but I want them to grow up to be women who aren't to be taken lightly.:rolleyes:

The barbell shape I chose for the 2nd rattle over the original design to reduce the choke hazard possibility.

Very cool, Grandpa. Isn't Grandpa a great word.

The only word that comes close in comparison is "Dad".....

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Sunday in Houston, I'll find out what the little not quite two weeks old granddaughters think of them.....I don't think at less than two weeks of age, they will be very impressed!:huh:

Congratulations Granpa, these are the first of a series of wood projects that you and them will enjoy a lot.

If I were you I would start gathering information about moviles, doll's houses, rocking horses, string puppets, and so forth. They are going to keep you busy for the rest of your life so enjoy it!:thumb::thumb: