Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E-bay Sniper..............?

E-bay Sniper..............?

I'm rebuilding my old Cannondale mountain bike, I need some "Vintage" parts, I've found them on E-bay, but I don't want to miss out on the auctions, I've heard of this "E-bay Sniper" program, or something similar, has anyone used this or can you recommend something?

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Last edited by Bill Lantry; 03-13-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Last edited by John Bartley; 11-29-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Try these people. You get three free snipes per week, at 20 seconds prior to closing. For more than three or sniping closer to close (maybe as close as 3 seconds) you have to pay.

Mike
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

What parts ya looking for
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

I've used EZ Sniper before. Seems to work, but it's not a 100% sure thing if there are other snipers involved, or if some other bidder puts in a higher bid.

It does raise your chances significantly, and it's not that expensive.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I will second Esnipe. I have had one time when it had an error and didn't place my bid. Otherwise has worked flawlessly for me. And one of things I love is bid groups. If there are multiple actions for an item you want. You can create a bid group and it will go down the list and bid on each one till you win one. Then it will cancel your other snipe bids you set up in that group.

Like Brent said and I am sure you know, you still have to be the highest bidder but my success rate is MUCH improved with Esnipe. It seemed I was always getting out bid by a some small amount. Now at least no one has time to raise their bid 50 cents over mine!
    Last edited by Jeff Horton; 03-13-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Also how old? I have a shelf full of stuff from the mid 90s
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

I use Bidnapper.com, and have been very happy with them for years. Most of my winning bids have been placed within the last 5 seconds of the auction. As Brent mentioned, any sniping service is subject to getting beat by another sniping service.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

What I find funny is the whole mindset of ebay auctions. If everyone would just say, 'Yeah, I'd pay X for that', put in their bid, and walk away, it'd be fine.

But Human nature comes into play. The whole, well, if they'll pay that, I guess I could up it a bit, over and over during the life of the auction...

So what the sniper programs actually do, even though some people hate them, is to allow people to set their actual, final, maximum bid on an auction and walk away...

Some people hate em, but to me, if you really want an item, you have to assume someone else is going to use one so you have to fight fire with fire, as they say..
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash