Table saw gear lubrication...What do you use?

Jim O'Dell

I've cleaned as much of the heavy grease out of the gearing on my new saw. Would like something that is a dry lube. What do you guys use? I have seen recommendations on a Dupont lube from Lowe's that looks to be a spray on wax that drys ti a film. The same page shows \Teflon spray, but it has silicone in it. Not likely to get to the wood, but I'm thinking I'll stay away from it anyway. I see online some non silicone dry PTFE sprays, but can't find any at local hardware stores, at least online. Another spray that was recommended is LPS Force 842. Can't find that at the above spots I've looked at. Their website also shows a dry PTFE spray. Anyone have any history with something like that, and where I could find it locally? May have to get out and try some of the automotive stores.
Any ideas will be appreciated! Jim.

Last edited:
57135-large.jpg

I am assuming you are talking gears and low speed shafts. That is all I use. My Unisaw has been finished for 3 years and just starting to notice that the gears are getting a little stiff on the tilt. Time to crawl in and recoat I guess

I have found that Boeshield T-9 works very well, both for lubricating the gear mechanisms and for the table top. Couple of squirts, run the gears through their range, and everything is slick as snot.

Jim