Thanks Jim Delaney! (Cutting Flagstone)

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Jim,

Thanks for the tip on cutting flagstone with a diamond blade and worm drive saw. My worm drive skilsaw was one of the first power tools I purchased. As I later realized, it was a bit of a silly purchase, since it's really heavy and had way more power than I needed to cut a sheet of plywood :rofl:

Anyhow, I pulled it out for the first time in many years today, put a diamond blade on it and proceeded to cut up a bunch of flagstone. Not quite as easy as cutting plywood, but it really did cut it up pretty easily.

It was a dusty mess for sure! Used the appropriate respiration and eye protection.

So here's the end result. 2' x 4' of flagstone that I'll be using for the hearth for my neverending fireplace project....

attachment.php

Attachments

• hearth.jpg
    hearth.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 97
Glad to be of help, Brent.

This is one of those jobs wher it probably took you longer to clean up the dust than it did to do the cutting, eh?

Don't forget to blow the dust out of the saw, too...

Glad to be of help, Brent.

This is one of those jobs wher it probably took you longer to clean up the dust than it did to do the cutting, eh?

Don't forget to blow the dust out of the saw, too...

I did it on the back patio. Clean up was pretty easy. Used a scoop shovel for the big chunks, and the leaf blower for the rest! :thumb: Living in the desert with no nearby neighbors, it's not that big of a deal to just blow the dust back where it belongs. for most of the cuts, I was lucky enough to have a good cross wind blowing that took most of it right away!