Assembling The New Toys

Dan Mooney

Had fun putting everything together this morning. I know everyone is saying that there is an oil shortage, but it's not true. Grizzley has all the oil and grease on their tools (See pics 1-3) went thru a lot of rags and mineral spirits!

But it was worth all the work! :thumb: :thumb:

Jointer.01.jpg

Jointer.02.jpg

Jointer.03.jpg

Jointer.04.jpg

Jointer.05.jpg

Jointer.06.jpg

Lathe.01.jpg

Dan is there much i dunno slop is the best word i can think of to describe the play on the adjusting handles on the lathe. I mean can you use the engraved dial numbers reliably or is there a lot of play before the worm kicks in?

Hope this makes some sense.

Oh this is on the lathe by the way:)

Dan is there much i dunno slop is the best word i can think of to describe the play on the adjusting handles on the lathe. I mean can you use the engraved dial numbers reliably or is there a lot of play before the worm kicks in?

Hope this makes some sense.

Oh this is on the lathe by the way:)

Haven't had much time to play with it yet, but seems tight. That's the reason I waffled so long about getting the HF version, I was worried about quality. But then again, they both could be made by the same company. I wouldn't know! :dunno:

Lathe.001.jpg

Lathe.002.jpg

They do slather on the grease (cosmoline?) on those Grizzly tools. But, at least, they do it correctly and the tools are protected quite well.
I bought a chuck from PSI several years ago. It, too, was heavily slathered with the protective grease. But :eek: underneath the chuck was badly rusted and frozen up. :eek: Wadda mess. :dunno: Somebody at the factory apparently simply did not understand their job or the reason for the grease.:bang: I complained to PSI. They sent me a new inspected chuck and paid for return of the rusty one. I learned later this incident prompted them to complain mightily to the factory in China resulting in a change of procedure there.

Edit: Congrats on the new tools. After the clean up you will enjoy for a long time.

Last edited: