Jointer Pork Chop UHMW Strip

glenn bradley

On another forum someone was having problems with the red coming off their jointer's pork chop guard. Mine is powder coated and I was not having this issue. Another gentleman responded about using UHMW tape.

I had put UHMW tape on the foot of the fence the day I assembled my jointer. It has done a wonderful job of preventing table scratches whilst adjusting the fence. I just never thought about putting it on the pork chop. Helps with that banging back into position thing as your material passes the guard.

Attachments

• pork-chop-uhmw.jpg
    pork-chop-uhmw.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 147
  • G0490X fence foot 007.jpg
    G0490X fence foot 007.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Same thing happened to me today Mark. I ordered a few things from there THEN I see about the strips I could have tacked on... :D

Why don't I find great way to nudge my Hartville order into free shipping land until after I placed the order? :doh: :dunno:

Thanks for the tips!

Same thing happened to me today Mark. I ordered a few things from there THEN I see about the strips I could have tacked on... :D

I keep an online 'Wish List' with most of my usual suppliers for small odds and ends. That way when they add up or when I am placing a larger order, I don't forget about them. The tape is often sold in the cabinet hardware sections of places like Rockler as "drawer tape".

Sometimes you can get find thicker small sheet sized pieces that can be placed on the base of a circ saw or jig saw for significant ease of friction going over sheet goods. Good stuff :thumb:

Jim O'Dell - good call on ordering from McMaster-Carr.

Cheers,