Annual Soup Off

Leo Voisine

A friend from work has an Annual Soup Off. They get together with their personal friends and cook soup. They judge the winner and the winner gets the spoon.

This year my friend asked me to make a rudementary plaque for him.

This is Cherry - with a little heard wood exposed on the side.

I did the "V" groove title on a CNC router - as well as the "brass" plates. The brass plates are really plastic made specifically for this sort of stuff.

Attachments

• pic-1.JPG
    pic-1.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 47
  • pic-2.JPG
    pic-2.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 53
Very nice, Leo.

On the first reading of your post, I discerned that your soup recipes were lacking. Good thing your woodworking skills aren't! :rofl:

Dan, It's a Larken Camtool 2424 router.

I got it used for really short money. I did some repairs to it and it's now workable.

If I was shopping I would seriously consider the Shopbot. There are a several others out there too.

With CNC there is a whole new world of woodworking out there.

One misconception though - CNC does it all -- NO SIR - it does NOT!!

On this little project of mine - the CNC did some work, but not all the work.

I actually cut the outside profile, dado and of course the text.

By hand, I router the corner round, sanded, finished assembled, mounted the hanger with a forstner hole, drill the peg hole at 5* angle, made the peg, painted the letters.

Thanks all for all the nice comments -- you are all truly nice people

Looks great to me, Leo. :thumb: A CNC machine is one of those tools on my "someday" list.

...I actually cut the outside profile, dado and of course the text.

By hand, I router the corner round, sanded, finished assembled, mounted the hanger with a forstner hole, drill the peg hole at 5* angle, made the peg, painted the letters...

So you're sayin' the CNC machine did all the hard stuff, right? :D Well, you two make a good team. :clap:

Hey Leo,
New England or Manhattan ???:rofl:

You have GOT to be kidding - right?:rofl:

(edit: oh- Bob - sorry I just noticed you are a New Englander!! I should read before posting)

I have nevah ranted hee'ah bout my love of New England.:doh:

Day ain't no Man-hatten, chowdah - dat stuff is tomatoe soup.

Rhode Island has it SCREWED up too. :D

Now if ya wanna talk about my awesome back yahd - Gods country - New England - the best place in the whole big USA - I kin do dat.

I am gunna go out dis year and track down as many New England lighthouses as I kin.

And doggone - you all talk funny. :rofl:

Last edited:
You have GOT to be kidding - right?:rofl:

(edit: oh- Bob - sorry I just noticed you are a New Englander!! I should read before posting)

I have nevah ranted hee'ah bout my love of New England.:doh:

Day ain't no Man-hatten, chowdah - dat stuff is tomatoe soup.

Rhode Island has it SCREWED up too. :D

Now if ya wanna talk about my awesome back yahd - Gods country - New England - the best place in the whole big USA - I kin do dat.

I am gunna go out dis year and track down as many New England lighthouses as I kin.

And doggone - you all talk funny. :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: you got that right Leo.:thumb::thumb: