Another weekend is here So....

Yeah Larry, do tell. I wanna see you post a video afterwards with your 3 minute dovetail...

Just kidding ya! I saw Rob do a demo some 4-5 years ago and he blew me away the first time he tapped a dovetail home without doing a test-fit. The guy is amazing.

...art

ps: might work on a drawer or two myself this weekend, but with a "small drawer lock bit" that I've been playing with, rather than dovetails. Also need to help son #2 get his pinewood car finished up (epoxy in the weights), and then painting all three of the kids cars. (they'll be painting, not me!)

Looks like he has a full day planned:

Rob Cosman
"Your Hand Tool Coach"
is coming to:
Woodcraft of West Michigan
Saturday, March 20
for three seminars

8 am - 11:30: Sharpening & Hand Planing
12 - 2:30 pm: Mortise & Tenon
3 - 6 pm: Cutting through dovetails

Yeah Larry, do tell. I wanna see you post a video afterwards with your 3 minute dovetail...

Just kidding ya! I saw Rob do a demo some 4-5 years ago and he blew me away the first time he tapped a dovetail home without doing a test-fit. The guy is amazing.

...art

ps: might work on a drawer or two myself this weekend, but with a "small drawer lock bit" that I've been playing with, rather than dovetails. Also need to help son #2 get his pinewood car finished up (epoxy in the weights), and then painting all three of the kids cars. (they'll be painting, not me!)

well i got roped into allowing the use of my shop in the making of one of those things and it was a disappointing experience for me..the dad did the work and even after i mentioned several times it was the kids job.. the kid had no interest at all,, rather play video games on his hand held gaming thing:(

as for the vidoe, i think not.. just gonna try and learn something,, maybe i am not to old yet for that process:)

Looks like he has a full day planned:

Rob Cosman
"Your Hand Tool Coach"
is coming to:
Woodcraft of West Michigan
Saturday, March 20
for three seminars

8 am - 11:30: Sharpening & Hand Planing
12 - 2:30 pm: Mortise & Tenon
3 - 6 pm: Cutting through dovetails

so what color undies am i wearing bill you are good enough to be in the FBI:):rofl::rofl:

going to do the finish varnishing of my friend's table, hopefully get a start on my nephew's table, and get a start on the 30 some odd stoppers.

i for one woudn't mind seeing larry do a demo vid, heck, he could probably replace norm. call it the ol yooper workshop. :D:thumb:

The ex-son in law is coming by tomorrow for a short visit... always liked the guy. Then the eldest granddaughter will be down from Illinois for the week... She got to her friend's house last night and we'll meet up with her on Sunday or Monday for a lunch and a visit... otherwise, we're gonna just chill :wave::wave:

This is our last Sunday with our daughter here, she leaves for Canada and on with the rest of her life next Thursday. She wants to spend Sunday with some of her friends, can't blame her I guess, may be the last time she ever sees most of them. Well, we will have her home for dinner on Sunday night. These are really big changes in our lives, I'm really excited for her, and my head knows this is going to be great for her, but my heart really does hurt :eek:

I'm not sad, just realizing how fast this thing called life goes by. :wave: :)

... all smothered in The Nectar of the Gods.

You put beer on your pancakes? :eek: :rofl:

True story: I used to crew on hot air balloons in Albuquerque. During the annual Balloon Fiesta there, the crew trucks would enter and leave the field via a road that went by main gate to the General Mills cereal plant. General Mills would set up a table at the gate and have someone handing out free single-serving boxes of cereal to the balloon crews. One morning after we were done chasing our balloon, we went back to the fieldm and while we were hanging out out and relaxing, and the pilot's wife decided she wanted to eat a box of cereal. We had no milk, but an ice chest full of beer, so she dumped her Frankenberry into a plastic cup, added some Coors Light, and chowed it all down. The only thing that kept us all from gagging was the fact that we were laughing so hard. :D