Another weekend is here So....

Worked on the truck yesterday and most of today. Got A/C working, Heat shutting off, New shocks all the way around (only 188K on the originals), new rear differential cover gasket, and a new Pittman Arm installed. Just took some pain killers for the muscles that haven't reported in for a while. Getting more snow now, so going to relax and plan to have Sunday dinner with the kids.

Got a new side panel for a dresser repair cut and fitted. (Pics when it's all done.) Also spent some time babysitting my brother-in-law as he was doing some more Roto-Zip routing to embellish some of his Viking stuff...this time it's a 10' long Douglass fir "pole" for one of his tents. He's a great guy, but just not the brightest fish in the drawer. :rolleyes: He was working for about a half hour when he came in and asked if I had any goggles to help keep the sawdust out of his eyes. He was outside on the patio with his face fairly close to the work, and a steady breeze blowing directly into his face. I suggested he move so the wind was at his back. He was amazed at the difference it made. :p

Have a couple turning projects underway, too. More on them later. ;)

I spent today doing some shop/garage/basement reorganization tasks.

As I buy more tools I displace existing storage. I need to find a home for everything . . .

I also need to put in the replacement attic stairs - the weather changed here and the rest of the family's summer clothing is in the attic. The old stairs failed right at the first of the year- I've not needed to get into the attic till now. . . .

Jim

The wife has been gone this past week and won't be back until Tuesday. She and one her girlfriends from high school are in Florida playing.

I decided to get some needed wood, so after a very early breakfast, I traveled down to Crosscut Lumber in south Seattle (after browsing at the Woodcraft Store down there) and picked up about 30 BF of Poplar for some painted kitchen doors I am building. I also picked up some drawer material (3 ea -1/2" x 12" x 8' long)(pre-finished birch ply with both edges banded). I will rip the drawer material in two (to the size of my drawers), so essentially I have 64 linear feet of drawer sides to work from. Still need to groove it for the bottom, but it will save plenty of time.

It was such a beautiful day, that I must not have been paying attention, because the pile of wood slide off the cart next to my truck and hit the ground.

Well, it would have hit the ground, but my right foot was in the way and it hit that first before sliding off it (my foot) and finally resting on the ground. So really, my foot saved the pile from getting too beat up. Everything was fine, except for my foot, but nothing a lot of swearing and dancing around the parking lot could not fix.

So I took a leisurely drive home, stopped and visited with family and finally made it back home about four hours later. Took my shoes off before coming in (no shoes in house rule) and noticed a big problem. Right sock is completely bloody from ball of foot to toes. Surprised me as the foot had felt fine. Now I am afraid to see what the damage is. My first thought was to leave the sock on for 4 months then take it off after any possible damage could have time to heal, but realized the wife would come home and put a stop to that. Sometimes being married can be really restrictive.

So I cowboy'd up and pulled the sock, but at least was smart enough to do it in the bathroom next to the shower. Man that big toe nail is going to be toast! Even after washing the blood off, it does not look pretty. I am now wondering when it is going to start hurting?

Thats a big ouch Bill! Hope it heals fast.

I used a new cordless reciprocating saw today to cut a dangling branch off a tree. The cut end decided the best place to land was in the middle of my chest pushing me off my step stool. Not so much bloody, but gonna have a heck of a bruise!

I've been on a shop org / re-org mission. I hope to decide between another set of drawers under the bench or a wall cabinet and get started on one or the other. I want to adjust the bench position before I load it down with more drawers. I think I have over-thought it enough to qualify . . . so now I can just go ahead and do something ;-)

Oh, and I've got to rip out some scraggly plants from under the picture window area and trim a bush that is trying to become a tree and all that other yard-based domestic stuff. I've skipped a couple weekends and the yard is strating to win the battle.

Since Sunday is a "work" day for me and I use most of Saturdays for preparation for Sundays, I have very different weekends than most of you.

But this last week I got ahead on the preparation and got to declare half of Saturday a play day. I played in the turning shack. I got stuff sorted and stored and put up lights over two of the three lathes. And I messed around with the strip sander. Got some ideas there...