Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wynn catridge filter for my delta dust collector

wynn catridge filter for my delta dust collector

after some reading, I decided to go with a wynn filter to replace the delta .5 micron bag on top of the 50-760 collector.
    I was looking over the installation tonight, and Im out of luck since Im sort of crashing down from my treatments, my eyes will not lift up to focus correctly from working from the bottom up to secure the filter.(and my hands arent working too well this past week or so)
    I called my buddy, who will come over for dinner tomorrow evening, and sometime tomorrow night, in between ncaa hoops and meatballs/pasta, he will do the up work for me.
    This filter has another huge advantage for me.
    I have a low ceiling, that the filter bag when inflated doesnt fit under, so I have to keep the collector more in the center of the shop when in use, and its very inconvenient for me.
    The catridge, while more effecient I believe, is also much shorter which will allow me to roll the collector into the corner and out of my way all the time, only need to roll it out to empty it.I will offer my very unprofessional review of the filter and how it stacks up or how I feel it stacks up next to the bag after I use it a bit.

Good news is Im getting my treatment home, no more hospitals, the day I return from Saratoga from the woodworking show, I had to explain that to the secretary I didnt want to miss the show
    Last edited by allen levine; 03-20-2010 at 12:41 AM.

I hope the filter works out for you Allen. I've got the same dc and have looked at a wynn several times just haven't pulled the trigger. I look forward to your review. I also hope the treatments get you squared away and everything can get back to some semblance of normal.
    Last edited by John Daugherty; 03-21-2010 at 02:36 PM.

It took 3 of us 45 minutes to get the filter on the dust collector.
    eh, we watched northern Iowa beat kansas and we were all shook up, so maybe not the right time, but the 3 brain surgeons we are,(me, my bil, and my best friend) we got it done.Here let me get it on, no, Ill do it, dont worry, its ok, Ill do it.....and so we went on. Bonding.
    Turnbuckles went on easy enough, personally, I think a drop bigger on the turnbuckle would have helped these hands, but its easy enough.
    pretty cool that wynns site has pictures and instructions for the exact delta dust collector, made it kind of simple stuff. Even a klutz like me couldnt mess it up.

so who ever heard of northern iowa until tonight?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bed 072 (Medium).jpg  
    Last edited by allen levine; 03-21-2010 at 03:35 AM.

Congrats, Allen. That looks like the same filter I put on my Harbor Freight dust collector. I've sure been happy with mine, and Wynn is great to do business with. I called them once to order some more clear bags, and Dick Wynn answered the phone himself and took my order.

Did you get the 0.5 micron non-washable one or the 1 micron washable one? (Mine's the 0.5 version.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Well,

As someone who was born in Iowa, I have heard of Northern Iowa, just not the school so much...

Congrats on the the filter, looks like a nice unit, and a nice job. Also nice to spend some quality time with the FamDamly...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

.5 nano filter.

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    .5 nano filter.
    Good call.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

That's gonna be a big improvement Allen. Its great that the short physical size will allow you so much filter media in a nice usable size. I have open rafters overhead and so put a fat/tall AFF bag on my little Delta. The increased filter surface improved it so much that it got to stay after I got a cyclone. I imagine the Wynn filter has much more surface than my bag. I think you are gonna be very happy with that setup.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Iowa........

What's that?

Is it some kind of rating for DC air flow

Nice filter, has to be better than the old dust bag, I'm sure you IOWA will go way up

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Are the filters replaceable or do you have to clean them?
    I remember trying to clean the filters on my shop vac before the dust deputy. Not the most fun job in the shop
    Faith, Hope & Charity