Spalted gum winged bowl

This is the first winged bowl i ever tryed.It's 3 1/2 x 12 1/2 at the largest tips of the wings. Just 2 coats of rattle can laquar on so far. looking at the last pic i'm woundering if i should of made the bowl a little less deep? It did warp some also but i figured for this kind of bowl it still looked alright. As always all comments welcome.
Steve

Attachments

• 005 [800x600].JPG
    005 [800x600].JPG
    99 KB · Views: 56
  • 006 [800x600].JPG
    006 [800x600].JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 001 [800x600].JPG
    001 [800x600].JPG
    71 KB · Views: 47
thanks

Stephen,
You sure make it hard to post things here..:eek:... you keep raising the bar..:thumb::thumb:
Don't no about that as it was just the uglist thing i could find ouy in the back woods. Heck i've never even made a pepper mill or a bottle stoper. I still think of my self as a rookie.:eek:

Thats purty wood fer sure!!!! :thumb::thumb: nice job steve
Thanks i thought it might be purty also. didn't no for sure till i started turning.:)

thanks

Don't no about that as it was just the uglist thing i could find ouy in the back woods.
Thanks i thought it might be purty also. didn't no for sure till i started turning.:)

Don't ya just love it when that nasty looking thing turns out like that:thumb:
I seem that most of them have big nasty in them and end up fuel:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is the bottom to big ? well ive made things that i thought the porportions were all wrong or out of wack and they still sold......someone will like it or thinks its unique..............

Is the bottom to big ? well ive made things that i thought the porportions were all wrong or out of wack and they still sold......someone will like it or thinks its unique..............
Dan i don't sell anything, as i don't think there good enough yet. every thing i make is just to see if i can.:D someday maybe i'll get where i think there good enough to sell, but not yet.
Very nice Stephen. :thumb:
thanks Jeff